What size pots

ResinSaurusRex

My tent is 2 foot deep, 4 foot wide and 5 foot high.

With lights and ducting im losing almost 9inches. 3 gallon prune pots are 10inches tall. 4 gallon prune pots are wider but about 4-5 inches shorter.

Should I go with the 3 gallon tall and thin or the short and wide 4 gallon pots?

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420

What works best for you?
I havent tried anything yet. First grow, first tent, first seedlings less than 4 days old but I want them in their forever home by day 7.

They arent autos. I do have photos i took as a joke. Theres always "that guy" with the blurry pics.
cda655374bcff5ddf4b636b40a773f25.jpg

They arent autos. I do have photos i took as a joke. Theres always "that guy" with the blurry pics.
cda655374bcff5ddf4b636b40a773f25.jpg

They will be fine in that pot for the first 14 days or so. What you want is to give them some time to establish their roots before you move them.

You will know they have really taken to their soil, when they are growing pretty fast. If they appear stunted, just give them time.

YT

Lower and wider might be your best bet. When I was limited by headroom, I used 3 gallon storage bins that were 7" tall. They were very cheap at the department store. I drilled drainage holes and used the lids for saucers. I could get 4 - 3-gallon or 3 - 5 gallon bins in my 2' x 4' closet.

If they were autos, you would need tall, narrow bins. But in your case, short wide bins will work well and maximize your head room.

Back
Top Bottom