What to do with a Hermie

delld

After three weeks in the 12/12 cycle I noticed 1 plant of the 6 I have in my closet has turned hermie. I'm not sure whether any polen was produced but I realized it when I saw the remnants of a flower on the soil under the plant. I've been trimming the male parts off the plant daily since I noticed the hermie tell-tale signs. I figure if the others have been polinated then keeping this plant which otherwise has been budding nicely won't to any more harm than it already has but I'd like some expert opinions. Should I remove the plant immediately or continue to castrate the funny lady. I know my first crop (this is my third now in the closet) was packed with seeds and I'd like to avoid another crop heavy with them if I can avoid it. Any help will be much appreciated.

Toss it out:hmmmm:
you my think your getting those funny looking sacks off the plants but if you have good air ventalion when those balls bust and your not there at that very moment then your screwed your hole crop is pollenaded and then you got seeds

Toss it
with the air off just in case theres some balls U missed

devin828

If you saw a male flower dropped on the soil, that pollen sac burst approx. a week earlier (maybe even earlier).

During flowering you should carefully inspect each plant every day or 2, to identify male flowers BEFORE they pop.

Since this isn't the 1st time you've got a herm, it could be due to:
-A bad batch of seeds (possibly from a herm.).
solution: get a new source of seeds, pref. from a seed bank or established
grower.
or
-poor environmental conditions.
solution: read and re-read a grow book, and optimize your set-up.

Back
Top Bottom