What's the difference between a sterile rez and a beneficial rez?

You probably had a minor misstep that just pushed you over the edge just beyond your systems ability to control. But once you cross a line you have to do whatever it takes. I think you tried some drastic measures with sterilization, which was the right thing to do, but that didn't work...so either you toss it all or try something else that's all.

I can only imagine the euphoria one noob can feel after their system is finally dialed in and suddenly huge fat buds come and whallop you in the face with spicy fruity odors and the grow journal fills with +reps and kudos from fellow growers... I want one day to reach 1 gram of dried bud and more per watt of light like the growing legends do . It all comes at the expense of lots of experimentation and taking notes, or spending lots of money, or both! There is no luck or majick involved.

Vlad

Voodoo juice, Orca, Hydroguard, Z7, and some GH Floranectar or Botanicare Sweet and you'll have the cleanest, whitest roots and best rhizosphere ever....big roots = big buds. Everything I listed is what I use, even at 82f (27.8c) testing on the back patio in GH water farms and never got root rot, always clean, thick, white roots...plenty of air stones is key as well. :)

Another great aspect of using bennie's is you can feed so much less than without them, meaning I'm running 450-500ppm (.5 scale) with big flowers and no issues, the bennie's create a symbiotic relationship with the roots and break down the elements faster and cleaner for the roots to use, and the roots give the bennies what they want and need.

It's somewhat amazing how slowly some of this stuff catches on with people. Organic growing is pretty well accepted in soil, but there's not nearly as much talk about it in hydro. People don't like to change what's worked for them in the past though, which is understandable. Also, it seems too good to be true; I expect that's where a lot of the skepticism comes from.

1) Benjamin Franklin's definition of insanity. "Doing the same thing over expecting different results"
One of my favorites also, although I had thought it was Einstein..
So I decided to google it:
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Benjamin_Franklin said:
a misattribution to both Franklin and Einstein. According to Google news archive, the earliest news article attributing the quote to Franklin is from 2004 [4]. The earliest attribution to Einstein is 1998 [5]. By contrast, the earliest Google news article that attributes "time is money" to Franklin is 1849 [6]

The earliest news article in Google's archives that has the quote "The definition of insanity is doing the same...." is 1991 to Zamberletti of the Vikings. He said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results" [7]

The earliest reference to "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" is 1989 to david boswell [8]

The earliest reference to "the definition of insanity is doing..." is 1986 to Tony Elliott of the New Orleans Saints when he said "the definition of insanity is doing over and over again things that can kill you"

Not surprising really when you think about it, although I still find it interesting that nobody actually knows where the saying came from.

Hi guys,

Hope you will see my post here, as I dont want to create yet another "bennie" post.
Im in similar situation to coffee's. Tried to run sterile, but then panic attacks, and almost killed it all with my peroxide baths, you can watch my progress in my journal.
At this moment, I am one week after sterilization of my system. At first I had those beautiful white roots with lots of root hair growing, and then I;ve noticed little amberish goo on the roots. Next day all roots was covered in the same slime, Could some one of you identify this ?
Also I was using same thing Rhyzotonic and Cannazym from Canna. I still doubt of the slime thing, cause I can't smell anything bad, and I thought thats nutes climbing my roots. But hey, they advertise that roots would be white, and they're all slimey..
So I decided to try bennie tea, but in the shitcountry I stay, theres no products to choose from ( I cant get a hold of Ancient Forest and so on)

What I can get hold of:

Wormcastings (Replacing ancient forest) ?
Syrup (Replacing Molasses) ?
Quantum-VSC (Replacing I dont know what, but it contains : Humic acid, Bacilus subtilis, Bacilus amyloliquefaciens, Rhodopseudomonas palustris)

The question is simple, could these items make a good bennie tea, which would help to get rid of those bad goo ? :)

Thank you guys

Well all that stuff is available online if you cant get to a grow shop. But Worm castings are the main ingredient. Without them it is tough. That is sold just about anywhere plants are sold.

Syrup, like for pancakes, is not good but better than nothing. Black strap Molasses is available at any supper market, that is one reason why people mention it. You need some sort of broken down sugar for growing weed properly and every nutrient manf. makes some. So if you are using a cannabis fertilizer product line wherever you got that they will have a molasses product.

the Quantum-VSC is not replacing really anything but wont hurt. It will help but probably doesn't need to be broken down and could be added at the end or separately.

But again the bulk of the important microbes are coming from the worm castings. Just about any nursery will have them.

Home Depot even sells molasses...but it looks like they have discontinued worm castings.

If you are no tin the US I don't have any better advice but in the US you can't drive far without finding this stuff.

Thank you for your insightful answer.
Well yeah, I'm not from USA.. And I can order it from ebay ofc, but it will take me at least 2 weeks.. I was scared when I saw some goo on my roots and almost killed my plant trying to save it. Now I have the same goo like before, just now Im waiting to see if it's a good goo or a bad one, lol.
I was thinking to add quantum-vsc + molasses + ewc to bucket with water, and brew like you would brew a regular tea for yourself. I just wanted to make sure, if it would be enough to maintain my root health with only these items ?
Sure those ZHO powders and ancient forest sounds really nice for me, but right now I dont have much time to think :) Either I let my plants go as it is right now, or I can try this tea recipe I wrote, but I dont want to make my plants suffer anymore;)
Anyway thank you man! You're giving a large input into 420mag. Your answers are always on the spot and fully covering the questions. reps from me;]

This is all repeated stuff. I write this on here just about weekly. It is all available somewhere. That is why I link posts in the beginning showing where I already explained it once recently. I linked to here because Coffee journal'd the results.

Yes I've seen it was almost in every link I manage to see. A lot of information.. Uhmm.. Do I need to get myco fungi ? Or Is it not so necessary for this tea ?

The fungi is great but is for a different purpose. It wont really kill any bad bacteria but it does aid in making more robust and happier roots. They live in the roots. They have a symbiotic relationship with the roots and you can read all about it in Wikipedia. There are many kinds and they do different things. In general they pack on nutrients that are readily available in the solution, like a food bank, and release it into the roots when the plant needs it. So they help to regulate the plants uptake of some nutes to aid in even uptake and prevent burn. In return they take some sugars out of the plant made by photosynthesis but it is very little. In fact they would never take so much out that it would be detrimental becasue that is not symbiotic that is a disease.

You can counteract some of this by adding the molasses product if you want and they wont steal it directly from the plant but the plant (if healthy) is making an excess to begin with and it really is not a drain at all on the plant. Most people swear by it. I use a powdered form that is best to "activate first before using in DWC or I dust my transplants when doing soil with it.

To activate it for DWC you want to take a Pyrex measuring cup , about 4 cups in size and warm it over a gas flame until it is about 80F. Not Hot but warm. Then introduce the powder and let is warm up and the spores will wake up and even possibly start bubbling a bit. If you just introduce it straight into the res then the spores may not wake up if you have a chiller running.

Then you can again pour it thought the medium or just put it in the res.

The fungi is great but is for a different purpose. It wont really kill any bad bacteria but it does aid in making more robust and happier roots. They live in the roots. They have a symbiotic relationship with the roots and you can read all about it in Wikipedia. There are many kinds and they do different things. In general they pack on nutrients that are readily available in the solution, like a food bank, and release it into the roots when the plant needs it. So they help to regulate the plants uptake of some nutes to aid in even uptake and prevent burn. In return they take some sugars out of the plant made by photosynthesis but it is very little. In fact they would never take so much out that it would be detrimental becasue that is not symbiotic that is a disease.

You can counteract some of this by adding the molasses product if you want and they wont steal it directly from the plant but the plant (if healthy) is making an excess to begin with and it really is not a drain at all on the plant. Most people swear by it. I use a powdered form that is best to "activate first before using in DWC or I dust my transplants when doing soil with it.

To activate it for DWC you want to take a Pyrex measuring cup , about 4 cups in size and warm it over a gas flame until it is about 80F. Not Hot but warm. Then introduce the powder and let is warm up and the spores will wake up and even possibly start bubbling a bit. If you just introduce it straight into the res then the spores may not wake up if you have a chiller running.

Then you can again pour it thought the medium or just put it in the res.

Yes I have read already in wiki and elswhere about that symbiotic relationship with plant and fungi, thats why I thought that myco is necessary :) Is there any way to get myco fungi in nature or in oither products not in the market ?
If not, I prolly just order it, it won't hurt too much.
Yesterday I found a root ball in dwc bucket, it was detached from plant somehow, dont know how, but it was a part from it. So i took that root ball and making some expiriments.. First I tried cannazym :D to see if that goo on the roots would go away or gets eaten away.. After like 6 hours, goo was still ion the roots so I guess thats not a bad goo. Then I've added that Quantum_VSC I was talking about. Jesus Christ it smells like 100 fat guys just took a shit on my floor. But yeah, those microbes also didnt eat that goo. I start to think that mine goo is just a rhyzotonic nutes packing on plants roots, dunno if im right.
Village man, can you please identify what is this? And do I have to worry about this ;) ?
imgp3823.jpg
imgp3786.jpg

First picture, roots are little to no hair, and they look like ropes.. I dont like it. When it all started it looked like on picture 2 .. Thats when i freaked out and did number of really idiotic things.. Im worried so because when I saw newborn roots, they looked so beautiful :)

imgp3770.jpg

So a little background. Enzymes are not alive. They break down stuff. One thing they do is break down dead roots and turn them back into plant food. That is why they are good to add to a res with issues. It will thin out the heard and remove the dead stuff that is near the living helping with preventing spreading the problem more.

Enzymes break down lots of things. It is the second part of you digestive system right after the teeth. That is why it is good to throw some in the tea when you brew that.

As to your problem that is not staining that is a problem. If you can't make a worm casting tea then get some voodoo juice and dump that in there with the enzyme and let them go to town together.

In DWC you wont get nearly the fine hairs on the roots. Those fine hairs are for getting the solution out of nature. In DWC it is very easy to get at the solution so the hairs do not need to grow big at all...way to small to be seen if at all in most cases. They do look like ropes. Other forms of growing stimulate more hairy roots that don't go as far. But in DWC the do that. So don't worry.

Thanks man,
You made things simplier to understand :) Well I knew what enzymes do. But oh well I always need someone from a side to tell me whatsup :D
I think I will make a tea, from what I have, and I will see how it goes.. :) By that time I will also complete my DYI watter chiller with a peltier chip. So I can keep my water temps lower than now.

Thanks man,
You made things simplier to understand :) Well I knew what enzymes do. But oh well I always need someone from a side to tell me whatsup :D
I think I will make a tea, from what I have, and I will see how it goes.. :) By that time I will also complete my DYI watter chiller with a peltier chip. So I can keep my water temps lower than now.

what's the point of saying you want 'experienced' advice when all you've done is do what i originally suggested which was to use what you have and see what happens?

Maybe I'm just to new to try to invent something ? Plus this grow will help me with my cancer treatment, and I dont have time to lose my plants. And thats the main reason.

Back
Top Bottom