Whats the purpose of this?

masterchi

420 Member
Does anyone know what the purpose of this mini seedling? could it grow into a new plant? it doesn't receive any light but still is green but seems dormant. Why does it appear? did they evolve to a point they know they're going to die? because we harvest them kill them? hmm lets see what happens if i harvest the buds but leave the main stem intact with the roots.....when all the upper leaves are gone the bottom gets full light again....although it is a auto flower.

full

full

They are annuals.... They reproduce seeds for survival, not grow New leaves, lol... Yes you can reveg a plant, by leaving little ammount of leaf/bud and giving light and warm environment... they grow New leaf for their own survival, to use that energy at some time...

I always just prune them off. I’m interested in what others say. Especially about revegging. What are the benefits besides knowing the exact genetics. Is there time saved? Do you need to repot or pot up?

Sorry if hijacking.

EDIT: sorry I didn’t see this is an auto. Nope it won’t do anything. They are one and done.

Even if it were a photo the chances are slim with that tiny bit. I tried it with my strongest plant from my first grow and it looked promising for two days and then crapped out.

If plant is an AUTO - it will die at the time the original plant would have died. Its on a time frame unlike PHOTO plants.

IF it was a photo plant you "might" be able to re-veg but its not a very large branch.

I just trim all that lower stuff off early on in flower. Its not going to amount to anything but compost anyway.

Back
Top Bottom