What's wrong here?

BlazingBill

It looks and smells like its flowering, but not sure its only 11" high now, my son in law gave this to me when it was 7" he didnt know what it was so I put it in my closet and placed my tektronic round led light on it, at first the light was about 2' away and doin good then thought it was bushing out too much so placed the light about 4' away (bad move)
some leaves have a slight purple color, I was gonna transfer this from the 1.5 gal to a 5+ gallon bucket but if its flowering, then is it too late to save this?
I now have a fluor plant light and the tac tronics led

download56.jpg

It's (apparently) a clone made from a flowering plant. Either a very tiny plant that was in flowering when you got it, or a rooted cutting from a flowering plant. In any case, it's now in a revegging process. The strange single bladed leaves will turn into 3 bladed, then 5 bladed leaves, etc, as it develops. You didn't mention your lighting schedule but I'm guessing it's meant to be in veg mode - 18/6 or 24/0?
I would let it continue to reveg at least until the foliage is normal again, before trying flowering.
I'd advise against putting in a 5 gallon pot now. The risk of overwatering a small plant like that in a big pot is high, and root structure will develop better if you pot up one size at a time, IMO.

It's (apparently) a clone made from a flowering plant. Either a very tiny plant that was in flowering when you got it, or a rooted cutting from a flowering plant. In any case, it's now in a revegging process. The strange single bladed leaves will turn into 3 bladed, then 5 bladed leaves, etc, as it develops. You didn't mention your lighting schedule but I'm guessing it's meant to be in veg mode - 18/6 or 24/0?
I would let it continue to reveg at least until the foliage is normal again, before trying flowering.
I'd advise against putting in a 5 gallon pot now. The risk of overwatering a small plant like that in a big pot is high, and root structure will develop better if you pot up one size at a time, IMO.

Thank for the update, and yes I was putting it at 24 then switched it to 18/6 after my son in law told me 24 light was bad, and tonite I noticed a new stem growing from the top so hopefully it will continue to grow nicely and maybe cut some proper clones from it.
thanx agaon.

Bill

and now buy tacking a clone from a flowering plant and re veg its going to super crop its self just know this is going to take a long time to re-veg back but it will and you'll be laughing :high-five:

Well a nice update and will post a new pic in a couple of days, I added a small heat lamp to the closet to raise the temp from 64 to a little over 70 now, and the plant is loving it, it now has a 5 leaf branching straight up to the top and grew a inch over nite,
I went to 24h on the lights now and when it starts looking beter will post another pic, and thanx again to Weaselcracker and Serpent for the tips and advice.

Back
Top Bottom