When and how to top/train your plants?

Supernaut

Looking to hear your tips/tricks to topping and training plants early on to result in a shorter end-product plant. I can't grow 6' tall plants since the ceiling in my basement is only 7' high. I've read a lot about How to top/fim/supercrop/sog/scrog and what not. However; I still can't seem to find a definitive answer as to WHEN to top ect.

What methods do YOU subscribe to?

Yes, that is an excellent page. I have read through it a few times already. Was looking to read what people do individually since everyone has their own little tweaks. Anyone willing to share their secrets?

I top/FIM mine as young as the 2-4th node
LST after 5th node
Supercrop after the side branches has 3-5th node
SOG = 1st node
SCROG = 2-3rd node

For mothers I do all the above except Scrog/SOG. For clones right now I'm running 2L SOG without training letting it grow straight up. Also, flowering your plants early after 3rd week in veg will help them stay short and bushy. When they stretch tie them down (LST) or Super Crop is often use.

FIM at third node, veg for 2 weeks and tie down, then they go under the SCROG for a week with lots of positioning and more ties, then flower with more positioning. Usually after one to two weeks in flower I only need to keep an eye out for buds trying to grow too close.

It is always good to search out how others do it, but you will learn more as you get a couple of grows down. As you said, we each have our own and for most, it changes a little each time.

Wow, thought I was starting to get the hang of this until I just read this. I have never even heard of a couple of these and have no idea how to do the others. Def gonna have to check the link you guys gave....

Back
Top Bottom