When & how to harvest seeds?

art fog

My plants have begun to get yellow leafs & the seed pods are abundant still I am not sure what to do. Three questions come to mind;
1) When is the best time to harvest seeds?
2) Should I cure it, bring the plant in hang it upside down dry it before I pull them and put them into storage?
3) Do I have to dry the seeds first before planting or can they go into the soil immediately after harvest? :hmmmm: thanks

My plants have begun to get yellow leafs & the seed pods are abundant still I am not sure what to do. Three questions come to mind;
1) When is the best time to harvest seeds?
2) Should I cure it, bring the plant in hang it upside down dry it before I pull them and put them into storage?
3) Do I have to dry the seeds first before planting or can they go into the soil immediately after harvest? :hmmmm: thanks

........bump old post but i would not mind knowing this

hey there art fog,

My current grow was a pollinating experimental overdose. The branches I used on each plant are LOADED with seeds. And the other branches have a fair amount also.

I used a paint brush to dab a bit here and there. It looks more like I used a paint roller, lol. Oh well I learned for next time. I still have some of the pollen and want to use it on the next grow of White Widow clones. The grow after that I hope to grow one of each of current crosses I just made. If at least one turns out primo smoke I might not have to buy seeds again.

Anyway, I was advised to just hang it like normal to dry and I did.
Also I put a few in between paper towels 2 days ago to see if they would sprout and 4 out of 4 are cracked today.

It sounds to me like a success. I pulled several thousand seeds from my escapade by just shaking the surrounding male branches. I have not tested these seeds yet but will soon. Now to get feminized seeds which I am working on now.
Keep me posted on your progress. You seem to be doing fine... and happy holiday.

Back
Top Bottom