When should I flip to 12/12 week 5 veg

I haven’t used any nutes yet it’s growing okay without it I think? I am using a potting mix and theirs enough nutrients in the mix I don’t want to add nutrients just incase I burn it, what do you think?
Nice looking young plant you have there.

I understand what you are getting at but a couple of things to keep in mind. Most potting mixes are blends intended to maintain a healthy plant but just maintain and not support vigorous growth. In the case of a heavy feeder like Marijuana these potting mixes are not able to supply what the plant needs, especially once flowering starts.

They are not intended to provide enough nutrients to encourage the large and rapid growth needed by a Marijuana plant that is entering the early stages of flowering. Check the back of the bag of potting soil to see if there is a mention of when to start adding nutrients to the soil. Or, check the company's web site for their recommendation.

Yes, the worry about trying to avoid burning with excess nutrients is something many in the group are familiar with. One problem that comes up is that later in flower some deficiencies start to show on the plant. By that time, though, it might be to late to bring the plant around to a full recovery. Yes, some sort of recovery is possible but a full recovery is harder.

As an example many nutrient feeding programs will show starting to apply the flowering nutrients a week or two before flowering begins. This is not part of some conspiracy to get growers to spend money. It is because the growers that have experimented with the products have started to realize that the nutrients have to already be available in the soil when the plant first begins to need them. If the needed nutrients are not there then it becomes close to impossible for us as the gardeners to catch up to what the plant needs.

I am a rookie so don’t roast me about my setup
Nobody will roast you but some of the group will notice little things and bring them up as warnings of what could go wrong.

I would not be roasting you when I mention that a number of people warn about having electrical devices sitting in the waterproof floor pan of the tent. Accidental spills can mean that the water pools up without any way of getting out until after it is about 4 inches deep. Things like the electrical heaters, fans and electrical cords should be above the level of the saucer that collects the run-off water.

Back
Top Bottom