Should I flip this scrog yet?

KandyBucketz

They were germinated on Dec 9th but I'm not sure when to start counting the veg days from. One plant is almost all through the screen, the other is a little behind. I have been told I should have flipped last week, to flip now, and not to flip for another week.

Should I let the smaller one catch up a bit? What happens to the very new growth when 12/12, will it keep growing for a bit and bud?

TYE72yS.jpg

8Q5n7nm.jpg

2noupOC.jpg

Veg time is an estimate at best, let it go until you fill the scrog. You are investing maybe 2 more weeks but the yeild will be worth it. I have no I dea how long I veg my plants. I have at least 6 in veg to supply 4 stations in bloom so I take the one that is the right size for my scrog. I hate to think of the great plants I have vegged only to cut them down because I don't have room for them.

Hi KandyBucketz,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of folks that gather here.

I believe there are a number of factors to consider when determining when to change the lighting to induce flowering. For most of us the amount of room we have is one of the primary considerations though. You can, depending on strain, expect your plants to double or even triple in size after changing the light schedule. A few of the challenges are that the plants can either get so tall that they grow into your lights, or that the light can't penetrate the top of the canopy and much of the lower bud development becomes stunted.

Be well and happy growing!

Give it 5 more days of veg and then flip to 12/12.

start bloom nutrients now

Its looking awesome, yep give the little one a bit more time, tuck the bigger one under over the next 5 days if need be.

I agree, wait. Get the screens filled and take your time, you'll appreciate that in the end. You've got good time invested and it looks great, just wait a little longer

Here's what they look like today.

The branches (?) are not staggered yet, I was told that's a good sign when to flip. Also, what exactly is a 'proper' scrog? The scrog and not a scrog example on grow weed easy look the same to me, why is one not a scrog? Right now almost everything is poking through the screen, is there something different I should be doing?

As to whether they will "keep growing for a bit" after the flip, the answer is, "Oh hell yeah!" In fact, when they stretch after the flip, you will probably see the most explosive growth of the entire grow. Some Sativas can triple in size in the weeks following their flip. Be ready for it.

Here is a very unhappy little Sativa that was about to be culled at the flip.
GT_11.jpg

I decided to try and salvage it. This is the same plant a couple of weeks later after I up-potted it and got my soil dialed in.
GT25.jpg
GT24.jpg

No SCROG involved but it might give you an idea of potential growth post-flip. BTW, she is still growing like a weed.

I've scroged for years keep shoving them back under the screen give them a few days then go to 12-12 If you fill the screen you will have shit hanging out all around the out side of the screen. And the undergrowth will will not get enough light. Trim everything under the screen gone. (lolly pop) Do this a little at a time as not to stunt growth

I've scroged for years keep shoving them back under the screen give them a few days then go to 12-12 If you fill the screen you will have shit hanging out all around the out side of the screen. And the undergrowth will will not get enough light. Trim everything under the screen gone. (lolly pop) Do this a little at a time as not to stunt growth

the truth is scrog got popular, but the truth is , sea of green produces fair stronger product in potency, ,main single head stems... better yield for time ratio, less power consumption, if your good at cloning you are running zero veg.

No intelligent experienced grower will scrog over SOG, unless they want to keep their plant count down for legal reasons...

Scrog produces lower quality weed.... and the higher yields are just because you have to veg longer.

sog always out performs scrog.

the truth is scrog got popular, but the truth is , sea of green produces fair stronger product in potency, ,main single head stems... better yield for time ratio, less power consumption, if your good at cloning you are running zero veg.

No intelligent experienced grower will scrog over SOG, unless they want to keep their plant count down for legal reasons...

Scrog produces lower quality weed.... and the higher yields are just because you have to veg longer.

sog always out performs scrog.

Boy are you full of it. A scrog will out perform SOG every day of the week. Potency has everything to do with strain pheno and light supplied and nutes.I average 60 to 65 zip from a 25 sqft area. Scrogging. With an average of 21% THC lab tested.

They were germinated on Dec 9th but I'm not sure when to start counting the veg days from. One plant is almost all through the screen, the other is a little behind. I have been told I should have flipped last week, to flip now, and not to flip for another week.

Should I let the smaller one catch up a bit? What happens to the very new growth when 12/12, will it keep growing for a bit and bud?

TYE72yS.jpg

8Q5n7nm.jpg

2noupOC.jpg
Looks like u late. 9 months in veg, that's too long. U should flip immediately, anyways during flower they still increase in height.

Looks like u late. 9 months in veg, that's too long. U should flip immediately, anyways during flower they still increase in height.
This is an old thread, started in Jan 29, 2016. Most likely the plants were only 8 weeks or so old when the msg was posted.

The date a msg was posted is in the upper left corner of each msg. Msgs under 1 day old will include the time of posting.

Back
Top Bottom