Which odor control

SmokingGood61

HI
I HAVE A grow tent 2'11''X4'11''X6'7'' an im on my 2nd week of flowering (white widow & snow white )and its already making my room smell and i just wanted to know

would it be best buying an ozone product or a carbon filter?

i was planing on gettin both but not enough $$ atm so i wanted to know which would be wise to get first

If it's in a room that you will be in, then a carbon filter in the tent attached to the exhaust is the way to go. If it's in an area that you don't spend a lot of time in, then consider the ozone generator external to the tent. If you go ozone there are two basic types, corona discharge and UV bulb. Both come in multiple configurations, stand alone, inline for vents etc... Ozone can be hard on rubber components in higher concentrations. It is also harmful to people,pets and plants in high concentrations. You don't want it in the tent with the plants because it can damage the plants.

A benefit of ozone is that it will kill mold and mildew spores, so you could place it in the tent before you do a grow to sterilize it and then have it outside to keep all of the bad stuff from getting in.

I am using a carbon filter on my grow 5.1 in a tent and venting grow 5.0 straight out the roof vent. I have an ozone generator on back-order and plan on using that in the attic space and to sterilize the spaces before the grow, and to keep spores down in the spaces. I don't plan on using it extensively in the areas that I will be in though.

In addition to those two options there are others such as onagel. You may want to go with a carbon filter and some onagel at first, if that doesn't kill the smell then you have some stanky-stank on your hands.

Dutch Dude has a DIY on making your own carbon filter, they're super easy to make if you have basic skills.

Hope this helps.

oooo yeah imma try the carbon filter cant have something that can be harmful around but for now im going to take down my inline because it made my room spell even more ever since i put it on lol. thanks

Hi,
i would go for a carbon filter all the way; they are easy to use and some smaller size for a grow tent are not so expensive. Bad smell can kill a project; invest the money; it worth it on the long run! Good Luck!

Previous advice is good - especially the part about not having the O3 generator in the tent. It'll destroy the odor. Also do a number on the trichomes, IMO. And (eventually) start affecting things like rubber hoses/etc.

Never used a consumer-level O3 device, but in the past I have built corona-discharge units and worked with industrial generators and O3 in large doses is a heavy-duty substance indeed. POTENT oxidizer (far stronger than O2), will oxidize most metals, it affects lung tissue almost like chlorine bleach does and when inhaled, O3 reacts with compounds lining the lungs to form specific, cholesterol-derived metabolites that are thought to facilitate the build-up and pathogenesis of atherosclerotic plaques (a form of heart disease). Not to mention that O3 has been implicated to have an adverse effect on plant growth.

Now of course that's in larger doses. In small doses it's much less harmful. In fact, O3 is produced (in minute amounts) by white blood cells. But as mentioned in previous posts, it's overkill unless your warehouse garden is full, lol.

BtW, I'm growing a small (Nirvana) Snow White. Is your SW the Nirvana strain? If so, what does it smell like?

Set your light's fan/ducting up so that it draws air in from outside of the grow, passes it through the reflector, and exits the grow without ever actually coming into contact with the air in the grow. If it's properly sealed, that air won't smell like anything. Set the rest of the tent on a separate fan and run that air through your carbon filter. It will work better and last longer because you'll be passing much less air through it and because the air that you do pass through it will be considerably cooler.

Useless trivia fact #32,768: Marigold roots release small amounts of ozone.

yeah my sw is nirvana.. to me it it has sweet pine smell.
imma start a grow journal for soon ;p. do you got one for your sw ?

Back
Top Bottom