White hairs on budding plant?

airkix72

Hello everyone this is my first post but no time for small talk I need some help/hints on what is occuring in my first time grow room.

I have 5 girls starting to bud (2nd week) the thing is, one of them has these crazy white hazy looking hairs and I was wondering what's it all about, is there a specific type of plant that does that or is it something else? My seeds were all random ones so I honestly have no idea what it could be.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Eldamari420 said:
congradulations you have a female!!
I know it's a female, they are all female (I killed off all the males right away).
My question is the fuzzy hairs, none of the other plants have those.

The hairs are all white at first, then they turn orange as they mature. When about 60% of the hairs turn orange its time to flush. Congrats on the female.

there called pistils i believe,,anyways, they all wont get them at the same time. But its nuttin to worry about

Dude... the way your leaves are growing and with those white hairs... thats gonna be some good ass white bud! Im talkin all white... i probably got the same kind as u dude!! Cuz mine looks exactly like that...

JohnnyBlazed said:
The hairs are all white at first, then they turn orange as they mature. When about 60% of the hairs turn orange its time to flush. Congrats on the female.

What's flush mean?

fallen said:
What's flush mean?
Flushing the nutrients out of your soil or flushing the roots if using hydro. This is done by watering your plants with just water 1-2 weeks before harvest.....when you see 60-70% of the hairs turn orange.......flush. This will take that chemical taste out of your bud and provide a cleaner smoke.

Those white hairs are called the "preflower" and they are what indicates that the plant is a female. Males will not have these preflowers and in their place they will have little green balls instead.

420blazedro22 said:
Dude... the way your leaves are growing and with those white hairs... thats gonna be some good ass white bud! Im talkin all white... i probably got the same kind as u dude!! Cuz mine looks exactly like that...

Preflowers are always white. This does not necessarily mean the buds will be white. In addition, the buds have not even started forming at this point, so trying to descern what color they will turn out is immpossible.

DankCloset said:
oh and i never seen an orange pistil, i always see them turn an amber color or purple. that would be crazy, maybe in some orange krush?

I think they were getting a little confused between the pistils, or "preflowers", and the hairs that are formed on the bud and change color as the plant matures.

Yellow Jacket said:
Hate to burst your bubble RooRman but those pistils in the preflowers and the RED hairs in your bud ARE the same thing. They are out there sniffin the air for pollen, when they find some they send it inside the bracts ( the little green thing they came out of) and they start to change color when this happens. (They will also change color after a long time without being pollinated.) Meanwhile the bract is hard at work forming a seed in its belly if it did get pollinated. Plant SEX ED. I love it!

yj

They may be technically the same thing. But they form at different times in the plants growing cycle. The preflowers are the starts of the buds, and then they turn red-orange once the buds are done developing. I was merely citing the fact that I have never seen anything other than white preflowers on a plant before. Plants do not form preflowers of different colors, rather they will change once the plant has finished its flowering cycle.

Yellow Jacket said:
Hate to burst your bubble RooRman but those pistils in the preflowers and the RED hairs in your bud ARE the same thing. They are out there sniffin the air for pollen, when they find some they send it inside the bracts ( the little green thing they came out of) and they start to change color when this happens. (They will also change color after a long time without being pollinated.) Meanwhile the bract is hard at work forming a seed in its belly if it did get pollinated. Plant SEX ED. I love it!

yj

dont need to tell us that. i been doin this way to long to not know what pistils are and what they do.

amen roor, absolutely correct, preflowers are always white, same with the pistils, there always white as well. i guess maybe depending on strain characteristic's... the color they will turn when mature....

Yellow Jacket said:
... They are out there sniffin the air for pollen, when they find some they send it inside the bracts ( the little green thing they came out of) and they start to change color when this happens...
yj

Also, I have NEVER seen a plant change the color of it's pistils from white just because it is pollinated.

DankCloset said:
i agree, pollination doesnt affect the color either.

Exactly what I have found. So I am very unsure of what Yellow Jacket was getting at.

well i don't know who dr. clarke (or what his qualifications are) but the pistils are there to receive airborne pollen, and no they don't change color when this happens. otherwise you'd have seed in your bud due to pollination. the pistils change color when the buds mature.

:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom