White House Proposes To Change The Recent Massachusetts Pot Laws

Katelyn Baker

Even though recreational marijuana may have just recently been legalized in Massachusetts, the White House now says it may try to step in and change that.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Thursday, "I do believe that you'll be seeing greater enforcement of it."

Marijuana proponents like Bill Downing with Mass Cannabis Reform Coalition say at this stage it may be too difficult to do that logistically.

Downing said, "In Colorado, California, Oregon, Washington, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., all these states, it would be impossible for them to do that."

But for those who fought hard against Question 4 last year, like attorney John Scheft who challenged it in the Supreme Judicial Court, he welcomes federal regulation.

Scheft said, "My hope is that if the administration chooses to do it they will really target the most dangerous aspects of legalized marijuana."

We found Massachusetts residents similarly split — some favor consistency across the country.

Rich Antonino of Plymouth said, "If something's legal in one state and four miles away in another state it's illegal, I'd hate to be that person in jail for something that was legal four miles away."

Vanessa Kesner of Braintree said, "I would appreciate if people would not smoke in public, that's my only concern."

Others feel the states — including Massachusetts — have spoken and that should be respected.
Laura Nealy of Boston said, "I think the states have spoken on their choices about it, it's been legalized where the states believe it should be."

Stephen Salvitti of Somerville pointed out, "I know that Trump said a couple years ago he believes it should be a states right issue."

bud8.PNG

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: White House Proposes To Change The Recent Massachusetts Pot Laws
Author: Alysha Palumbo
Photo Credit: None Found

This has me pissed that our dictatorship esque neo-nazi Hitler run German I mean Democratic founding fathers created freedom esque Government would single out my state like this. I am a very strong and outspoken advocate and volunteered with the YESON4 campaign that had just about all of our states leaders and others like religious leaders such as Sean O'Malley a hypocrite and POS against us and despite it all, common sense won at a 1.8 million vote majority.
Not only is the state itself and the head of NOON4 Sen. Jason Lewis and other lawmakers trying to make a joke out of our new law(they can't implement it within a year but yet they have enough time to sabotage the guide describing ballot inniatives and their pros and cons that get sent to every voter and once it passed attempt to push back implementation but have a unannounced small gathering of lawmakers with their heads up their asses change the date retail stores can open and there's over 15+ other changes proposed that are mostly put out by that assclown Jason Lewis. Yes I will personally attack whoever I feel like.
Yes, I am very opinionated and open about my feelings and will not hide or dumb down to "not offend" anyone, but I also respect everyone else's right to think/feel/view things differently. That's what this country's about...FREEDOM(I know that's been forgotten by many and the dictatorship esque government we have that doesn't want anyone thinking for themselves. Just mindless followers like Nazis we're marching the streets in uniform. Just about everyone expects everyone else to live/do things how they do or based on what THEY think and that is pure bullshit or as a European would say... "Bollocks to that". The most they can do to me is kill me to silence me. I won't lie, I speak my mind all the time and I lost many many jobs because of that and IDC f-them. This country is built on the notion of living free and how you personally choose to.
That's why we fought against England to break away from assanine control and laws.
Just like Thomas Jefferson said, "if a law is wrong and unjust, it is your DUTY as an American to disobey that law" and do what's right. That's something that's been forgotten about here for the most part.
I supported every person who rioted during Trumps inauguration. I wish and hope he's somehow taken out along with sessions that bigoted prick with ears.

I will personally NEVER accept Trump as president and I will be ignorant and point out a true fact no one likes to admit to or acknowledge. Because of how blind/ignorant people have allowed themselves to become as the government HAS been using popular opinion to it's advantage by outright lieing and denying the facts about any situation regardless and they use that and promote it to take our rights away and gain more control over us. Its no surprise to me they are attacking states rights, patriotism, democracy, and the will of the people now that the population is larger and they have generations of people set in THEIR(the governments or ha e turned people into bias bigots about many issues and have forgotten what patriotism, democracy, and freedom really stand for.

I am sure I will be flamed big time as when I talk political 90% of the people I talk to or that read what I say take offense and start attacking me. But that's OK as that's what freedom and America is about. Free Speech the first amendment for one.

Washington has no right even implying they will single out MA here, but they just do as they please as they expect little to no resistance as that's how they've made most people think is right...whatever THEY decide/say. I'm glad to see some people here honest and open about what's going on and what's wrong with the current and future/past situations and actions. Before election day just about EVERYONE I talked to said trump was a piece of dried infested animal fecces, but yet somehow he gets the majority of the vote?!???? That's what I'm talking about. People that are 2 faced and lie openly as they know their feelings will not be popular are not wholly but partly to blame for everything going on. If they used common sense and cared about the issues and others we wouldn't have this tyrant as our "president". Oh, as I said if your honest about things I respect everyone's opinions and feelings but it's when u say 1 thing, do another that you become lower than Atlantis that sits somewhere in the bottom of an ocean. Be honest, caring, and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or treat others how you want to be treated. It's sad the sesspool this country has become and now by putting Trump in office it's just like dumping/putting a very toxic chemical into a lake that is already severely polluted.

The only reason MA is being labeled as such a target for sensible marijuana reform despite Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Alaska being pioneers CO/WA/CA especially in a HUGE way, is because MA us looked at as a very Progressive state that leads the way and by us legalizing here in MA, as we are surrounded by illegal states, will cause (this is a good thing to everyone but ass backwards prohibitionists) a ripple effect and cause every state surrounding MA and close to it on the East Coast to stop playing the quiet compliant game and openly admit to considering ending prohibition in their states and there's many such as Rhode Island, Vermont, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York and even closer states like Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania to consider legalization as here in MA we were for example the first state to legalize Gay marriage. The joke is the states reps and leaders and lawmakers literally DRAg THEIR ASS and very very slowly implement any changes especially controversial ones. But when it comes to implementing something that in effect gives the leaders and politicians of the state more money or benefits and take away ours they can't do it fast enough. It's sickening. And the worst part is when I try to get people to join me and revolt/oppose it they just sit there, sigh, and say shit like "why do anything? All you will do is cause trouble for yourself/us. (This is my favorite)-"There's nothing we can do" lol. I LOVE that response as it opens me to give them the 411/reality of the situation and shows me how much if anything at all they know about or care about. I also get "it's not all about cannabis you know? There are much bigger and more important issues right now" but I'm not blind and that's a common way to try to change the subject and weasel out of the topic and get it convoluted by steering away from the facts at hand. There is NOTHING more important than preserving freedom, patriotism, our rights, and our liberties. Cannabis prohibition touches and swims in having a foot in each one of those pools. It can also do much more. The government has the majority of people confused and following and backing up their work to make us slaves to the system and socially/economically and even physically dependant as well as believing they have "our" best interests in mind which I laugh at as they throw out evidence cannabis is healthy, putbherebforbusbto benefit from and use spiritually and medicinally and thats why our bodies either smoked or eaten have thousands of endocannabinoid receptors from our head down to our feet. It's been researched and studied for years and EVERY ONE from the 1894 Indian Hemp Drugs Act, to the 1915ish Armys Panama Canal zone test/research findings, to the 1970s La Guardia report, and the Shafer Commission report started by Nixon which he disowned because of it's findings and didn't promote Shafer to a federal as promised because of his findings as he wasn't bias as he like many of us here rely on scientific unbias testing, not opinions, propaganda, and lies/misinformation that support something not based on fact. This is how our "government based on democracy and freedom" is run. If it's not inline with what they want, it's wrong so they lie and use false baseless studies done by people who are paid off to dispute whatever it is they want to do/have done.
Read "The Emperor wears No Clothes" by the legendary Jack Herer. In it you will find the truth including an incident where Jack went into a politicians office to meet with them who had a box with him filled with papers with information about Hemp/Cannabis and how they can help fix the atmosphere, greenhouse effect, pollution, "global warming", the "struggling" fuel and energy industries, general health and well being of all people, as well as scientific information and reports about how cannabis/hemp is not only medically beneficial but how our bodies NEED it and how it's not only not dangerous in ANY way but it also would do many positive things including stopping having forests and trees ravaged and cut down for paper, and would help people live better as it's fabric is stronger and lasts longer than anything else and fix ongoing and current issues going on at the time. The response he got was simply "it's illegal, we can't use it" and when he asked why sane answer. And eventually before he left he mentioned leaving it there for another or the next politician in that office with that position, he was told to take it with him as they wouldn't even consider it and no one would read it. VERY bias and sad.

And off topic, this extreme prejudice shown by our president targeting people who are just trying to live orbbe with their families/lived ones and building a wall makes me personally want to throw up. I thought we were passed this racist garbage. Cannabis prohibition is HUGELY based on racism, but also cirprate greed and blatent lies/propaganda/misinformation.

Take it as you will, but I have already emailed my areas state reps about the subject and they got back to me with a bland answer saying they plan to "respect the will of the voters" but that isn't saying much as Jason Lewis is saying all his bills and changes are to not stop legalization just according to him even though it was well written and described but rough out the campaign he's using a fallback statement that the voters voted to legalize marijuana but not HOW it's going to be implemented and the specifics of it so he's saying he's "obeying the will of the voters" despite using 1950 Harry Anslinger type tactics/wording and trying to change 2 MAJOR points that include homegrown plant limit and home storage limit so like the cloaked 1937 tax stamp act, you can grow but your harvest will be illegal and cause for a search as no one who gets the right equipment and grows 2+ plants gets 2 ounces or leasbtotal. So that is part of his BS he's spewing.

Go to Defend Question 4 and use the linksbon the front page to email or contact your local congressman or state Rep(s) and take action and tell them the truth about cannabis and the fact it was sabotaged and brought to the supreme court to be taken off the ballot but wasn't due to it being 100% constitutional and followed every rule/regulation andbroadblock/wall/struggle/hurdle put in its way to gather votes and get it on the ballot. Us citizens in MA here are more progressive/up to date on change and current trends and moving forward and such than the people who run the state why MA looks more forward and a leader than it actually is. But going back to the beginning, this is why IMO the bastards in Washington are targeting MA which has a terrible medical MMJ system AND only 9 dispensaries throughout the entire state. The state wants full control of recreational use like they have for medical so they can use their backwards thinking to implement moving forward. As another example they want to change every stipulation then law has to let the people make decisions and help implement the new law by changing the Cannabis Control Commission to have 2 state lawmakers in it making decisions "for the safety of children and society", as well as taking away the industries power to set up the industry in MA if the state and lawmakers etc don't implement it in time, to take over and decide what is/isnt allowed to be sold here once shops open(their goal is unaltered flower only no edibles, concentrates, salves, shatter/wax/rosin/crumble etc, and take power away from the people completely by not only removing the 1 shop for every 20 stores in a town and letting the town leaders and citizens have a meeting and vote on if they do or do not want a store in their town, to having the state and lawmakers completely take over and decide how many shops are allowed if any and if a town will have shops in it or jot and how many. There's a lot more but I'm stopping there. Long story short, it's a mess here in MA TBH and this Washington shit will make it worse. Especially again as they know there will be a huge ripple effect as many many places look here to make decisions on policy and such. This state also wants to INCREASE the amount of liquor stores(as if there wasn't enough here already) and allow it to be sold in more places like all grocery stores and so other places can get licences to sell evil booze. So wrong.

I just want to add that persons statement that says it's legalization shouldn't be supported as its wrong to have something legal in one place and illegal in another and how it creates controversy(a part of life people want to avoid but that HAS to be accepted if progress is ever expected to occur as change, positive or negative, for better or worse, cannot be accomplished without controversy) is full of shit and bias as a FANTASTIC example of the same thing here(I despise alcohol personally and believe from personal experience with others not myself is that it turns good people into belligerent, violent, careless, obnoxious monsters but I don't look down on anyone that uses it as I stick to my beliefs everyone has the right to do what they want as long as it doesnt impede on the personal lives of any other person) is that alcohol in MA cannot be sold if it's higher than 150 proof so no everclear or woodgrain alc. BUT u can go over state lines to get some and bring it back with no trouble. This is my point that most people are bias, one sided, selfish, manipulated and brainwashed by the government and don't stick up for anything or whats right only if their personal situation/lives are invaded in one way or the other. People that believe a headline or story that don't think about the whole picture and won't question any actions taken. It's a mess as stated and sad what people turned this country into.
Canada and it's Prime Minister and leaders are about to become and already is better run and more progressive and up with the times as well as accepting of scientific facts/data and will be one of the first countries to legalize cannabis through their government system and is already very leinient and understanding about cannabis use and it's non addictive properties(MJ is less "addictive" than caffeine). Last I read this should take place within the next year or 2 by their plans I believe(correct me if I'm wrong)

Ok, I hope not many of you take offence to this as I am trying to talk in a honest and mostly neutral way but like always I do expect some disagreement on some things. I hope people on this board are more accepting of differing views than other boards I have been on/banned from have been for openly admitting how I feel about something while not starting bullshit or fights as I accept everyone's differing opinions.

To EVERYONE HERE THAT LIVES IN MA, please do not just give up and take a little time to do the right thing and voice your opinion and join me and other Advocates in fighting back against unjust changes to our law and un patriotic and un Democratic actions and bills put forth or taken by the people that run our state and country.
Let Freedom Ring and as NH's motto goes... "LIVE FREE OR DIE"! Stay Strong everyone and if needed don't be afraid to fight back against what isnt right. There is always something you can do and the more that do it, the more of a chance the people have at making their voice heard and not let others trample what little rights we have left as well as freedoms! OneLove and Positive Vibes to all!:peace::peacetwo:

Great reading, couldn't agree more, their going to pick this damn thing apart. I'm a medical patient but still. I have friends that have been waiting and waiting and were so excited. Now the individual towns are trying to pick it apart. How would they like it if we came up with laws that said "ok you can drink in this city" or "you cant be gay in this city". It's a dangerous thing there trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom