White Russian Grow!

Hey man, just stopping by to see how things are coming along? Everything is looking good. Did you ever get that leaf issue figured out?

I just germ'ed 3 fem white russian's, they took forever to pop. I had them soaking in water for 4 days till I saw a crack. Then put them in some peat pucks a few days ago. They broke shell completely today, and seem to be pretty strong. So we'll see what happens.

yea it was down 2 low RH goin as low as 20 , was drying the leaf;s out n with a 600wmh on them it was not good for them the 400w hps seems to be doing gr8 with them.
will give it 2 weeks then back under the MH bulb.
will be useing a doble end XL cool-tube for flower with the 600 & 400w hps fitted.
a 1000w all in total.
:goodluck: with your baby's :popcorn:
will be watching:)

ahh, I see. They seemed to have bounced back nicely.

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be making a new journal for a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going anywhere. It's just that I start a new strain every month, so it would be a little too much to handle.

well have now found 4 fem's!
this is doin me head in how thay are showing thr sex this erly ?? thay have not been under 12/12 at all and tha ment to be regular not fem seed's ???
has any1 else had this with S>seeds WR ????
not that i am complaining!
will put some pic's up soon.

Switching the bulbs around like you did could be confusing the plants and making them think something is wrong. In turn, they panic and force flower. The plants can definitely notice the difference between the light MH and HPS give off. You should stick with the MH throughout vegetative growth. Being consistent with your light source from the beginning is very important to controlling your growing environment. This is true for the type of light you are using, as well as the photo period.

Hope this helps. :goodluck:

finally! a chance 2 update you weed lover's on this W.R grow.
glad 2 say all is coming on good and taking wellto the mh bulb, groth isnot fast bt a steady pace.
biggest is about 11" small bout 8", taking in the nute's very well but will be feding plain water fo the next feed (feed,water,feed,water!) and so on.
have read ppl doing (f,w,w,f,w,w!) might do that as they get a bit bigger but ill stick to (F,W,F,W) for now, 2-3 weeks without feed seem's a bit long without for me ?
here a pick's from the 3rd of oct!
3rd_oct.jpg

8th!
8th_oct.jpg

8th1.jpg
3655.jpg

11th!
11th_oct7.jpg
11th_oct6.jpg
11th_oct3.jpg
11th_oct2.jpg
11th_oct.jpg

still not growing as quick as i would like :lot-o-toke: but thay are doing fine a suppose lol!
well see you all in a few days :thumb: thanx for the post's all.

Hi Shmicky

How are things growing?

yo BurmeseKush soz bout the w8 , been having a lot of problems with the vegging side with nitrogen lockout the last month(some more than others,2 with slowend growth bt picked back up be4 others!).
Photo0414.jpg

Photo0415.jpg

next to no growth at all lost a lot of lower leafs on others due to this (stil alive tho) with some help from 420's and a little spy about the net and found a few solutions to fix this: ie (blood,fish n bone,H2o2 n superthrive)

UK! vitax blood,fish n bone
Nitrogen 5.0%
Total Phosphorus Pentoxide 5.0% (2.2%P)
(P2O5)of whitch soludle in water 1.0% (0.4%P)
Total patassium oxide (K2O) 6.0% (5.0%K)

changed the feed to IONIC coco grow
N2.1 : P0.7 : K2.6

new growth started agen about a week ago n am pleasd :slide: 70pound seed's and to have em all die would be guttin after spendin this much tym and money on!:Rasta:
the 2 of the more healther one's that recoverd quicker(also the biggest) have been put into 18l pots and triggerd 12/12 two days ago.
fed with bat guano 6%N,15%P2O%,3% K2O.
also my 240-120-200 tent i have devided in 2 sections (120-120-200m per side)

• 400w HPS vegging!(40cm-60cm)
  • 600w HPS flowering!(60cm-80cm)
  • VEG-22-26c with RH 40-50
  • flower-27-30c with RH 30 38

Set off 2 bag seed's a month ago, growing without a hitch in bio-gro all-mix very health jagged leafs (hand size) a foot tall, also in 18l pots in flower (determin the sex!) :hmmmm:sure 1 of is a male.:hmmmm::hmmmm:
will be keepin a close eye on them 2:geek:

duno weather i will be postin a new thread on the ones i have put on 12/12 or just do it in wit this thread ????
will try 2 get some upto date pics on soon(dam window 7 not read my 4g SDHC card grrr!)
:thumb::peacetwo:

Good to see you back shmicky. Sorry to hear about the girls, but glad to hear you seem to have figured out whats wrong. Hope everything turns around for ya!

:goodluck:

yea thanx, nice to get a bit of time work hade me run rugged and my plant problem just added to the stress.
yea thing have looked up in the last week, growth has resumed on the 8 stressed girls (yes all girl's from all 10 seed's:slide:) :blunt: and not doing 2 bad under the 400w hps ( could do with a 600w!) fund's??
Photo04471.jpg

as you see not much has growen bt they are outgrowing the yellow, brown crispy bit's.
Photo04501.jpg

the 2 bag seed's! not 1 problem since seed.
Photo0431.jpg

2 bag seed's were later transplanted into 18l pots and under 12/12 now on thr 3rd day and showing signs of there sex.

suspect! 1 (M/F?)
Photo04581.jpg
Photo0472.jpg
Photo0468.jpg

be a shame to lose such a looker :( tomorrow is the day i decide weather to bring it to rest as it is showin a a good sign af balls. i will be getting a fresh batch of bio all-mix compo to transplant another w,russian in to (may keep as a mother?)

suspect 2(M/F?)
Photo04551.jpg

showing good sign's of been a female (al keep me finger's x'ed lol)1 out of 2 wouldnt be so bad but both to be male would b a gutter!

down 2 the 2 more healthy russians-
Photo0469.jpg

new growth as you see is coming out well,my only concern is the main stork dont seem to be that thick ??
Photo04531.jpg
Photo04441.jpg
Photo04541.jpg
Photo0470.jpg

will they still produce big healthy bud's??

now for the all together shots of the flowering room with the 4 plant's in, the shortest bag seed that i think is fem will be going back into veg once i no for sure!!
Photo04591.jpg
Photo04491.jpg
Photo04481.jpg
Photo0471.jpg

:thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:peacetwo:

Happy to see you back shmicky, and good to see the plants doing better.

When you divided the big tent in two, could you get it lightproof between the sides? Is it produced a wall for this from the factory?

bought 5m-1.25m diamond Mylar from the locale hydro shop at £3.50 per m, pulled this over the top middle bar of the tent and around the bottom.
after doing so tape the 2 ends together (so its like a treadmill belt) making sure to leave more to the side of the door's.
this created a flap of 2-3" front and back, fold the side from the flowering part in towards the inner of the tent. on the back side also folded this round to the same side(toward flowering side!) so that the door over lapped this flap.
after doing so tape round the hole edge of both side's (veg/flower) double tape if have 2!
to be sure of no light leak.
with fan's in aether side crating a negative pressure which in turn sucks the tent inward and seals the 2 side's off, as you can see from above it is doing the trick.
Photo04461.jpg
Photo04451.jpg

thanx for the posts guy's :peacetwo:

im sure it will work just fine + it will have to do as my space is limited and no further tent's could be erected!

Nice garden u have there smicky. I would love to have a flowering room and veg room like that. Your plants look great. Hope you get all girls. My attempt at blooming in a 1,5l pot just after getting roots ended bec well, the clone turned out to be male. So guess I did not have fem seeds anyway.

What brand is your tent? I have the Homebox and I really dont think the quality is great. Do u have access from more than one side?

Nice garden u have there smicky. I would love to have a flowering room and veg room like that. Your plants look great. Hope you get all girls. My attempt at blooming in a 1,5l pot just after getting roots ended bec well, the clone turned out to be male. So guess I did not have fem seeds anyway.

What brand is your tent? I have the Homebox and I really dont think the quality is great. Do u have access from more than one side?

HYDRO-LAB! 240-120-200! also have a 100-100-200 bud box 2 but no room to erect it. dividing the tent was the only option.
2 bad bout the male dude, all my serious seed white russians are female, 1 of the bag seed is female (short thick one!)
other i am not to sure about at the moment.:blunt:
only accesses is from the front (no back door's or side) as a double door with middle zip (not that practical in terms of getting around the plants through flowering + veg for that matter!)
the quality is not 2 shabby bt after a year n a half in use put up and taken down, it's now starting to show signs of wear n tear on the stitching.
am not 2 bothered about that as it can be easy fixed with a little handy work from the wife "lol" :thumb::peacetwo:

Tents and stealth boxes are tough, unless they are really big. In order to do anything on my girls I have to pull them all out of the grow room. Not so bad for 3 plants, but no way I would do it for more than that!!

yep it's a bit of a piss taker with a tent full! :peacetwo:

turns out 1 bag seed was male!:rip:
the 11 others are female :slide: the 2 W.russians on 12/12 doing real good and growing a inch- a day (no sign of nug's yet!).
ionic grow-1ml per ltr.
bio-bloom-2ml per ltr.
will be feeding bat guano at week 2-3 (6-15-6) NPK.
now on thr 6th day and hight is 2 ft / 2".
other 8 (3 in 18l pots ready for flower in 2 weeks!)let them get used to thr new pot's.
growth has finally resumed to a good pace with fresh green leafs over taking the damaged leaf's which i will de clipping off in the next few days.
flushed twice in the last 2 weeks and this week started thr feed at half strength and taking it in very nice!
now hat i have sorted the ventilation with exhaust going into loft, window blocked off with a 6" fan to push air into the room fro the window (would this be classed as a active intake?) with vents open on both ends of the tent temps have lowered by 2-4c and humidity is a lot more stable.
will up some pics soon.:thumb::peacetwo:

BACK NOW WITH A UPDATE ON THE GIRLS:grinjoint:

been for a little shop around at my locale hydro shop :) decided to complete my grow set up with a 2nd 600w digital ballast for the flower room > £105
Photo0485.jpg

now running a digital ballast 600w MH for VEG and 600w HPS for flower!
Photo04901.jpg

now the girls!
1st the 2 girls in bloom, growth still at a good rate nice fresh green and healthy.
pic taken 02/11/210.
Photo0477.jpg
Photo0478.jpg
Photo0483.jpg

pic's taken 04/11/2010. (day 6 12/12)
Photo0488.jpg
Photo04891.jpg
Photo0487.jpg

cannot w8 to see them 1st hair's popping through :yahoo:

now for the VEG side, picking up really well in the last 2 weeks. 3 in the middle will be triggered 1 weeks from tomorrow (18l pot!)
Photo0493.jpg
Photo04941.jpg
Photo04921.jpg
Photo0491.jpg

well that's me for now ppl, speak soon and happy growing to you all!
:grinjoint:

well 4 days since last post and must say the change is impressive!
plant are looking healthy as they have ever been, lush green leaf's and bushing out well 2.:grinjoint:
pic's from today!08/11/2010!
Photo0515.jpg
Photo0516.jpg
Photo0518.jpg

the next W.russian to be triggered on 12/11/2010! (2 weeks after the other 2)
Photo0514.jpg
Photo0519.jpg

:yahoo:

now down to the girl's at (day 10) on 12/12.
really happy with the growth on these 2, not to much stretch so far and showing small nug's.
Photo0509.jpg
Photo0513.jpg
Photo0510.jpg
Photo0511.jpg
Photo0512.jpg
Photo0505.jpg
Photo0506.jpg
Photo0507.jpg
Photo0508.jpg

that's all for now folks :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom