White stuff in soil

BOWHUNTER

Have this white stuff in soil smells like mushrooms but looks like a mold. Plant looks good, but as a precaution I moved it outside, it'll probably screw up the budding. It's growing on the edges of the soil and under the pot, the ones under the pot have a consistency like tofu.. Anyone ever see this?

20210702_171559.jpg

20210702_171527.jpg
20210702_171622.jpg

Hey Bowhunter, white whispy fuzz often indicates active microbes in the soil which is good. Agree that does look more like mold but some soils have composted mushrooms as an additive or it could be a soil born fungus but don’t see reason to worry at this time.

However I’m not liking how the leaves are showing a taco down curl in the first pic…. could be pest like spider mites, hopefully more will join later with their input.

welcome aboard!

Have this white stuff in soil smells like mushrooms but looks like a mold. Plant looks good, but as a precaution I moved it outside, it'll probably screw up the budding. It's growing on the edges of the soil and under the pot, the ones under the pot have a consistency like tofu.. Anyone ever see this?

20210702_171559.jpg

20210702_171527.jpg
20210702_171622.jpg
Hello @BOWHUNTER great looking girl. :thumb:
Whats in your pot? Soil
I use Bokashi and Frass &Dazzle.
Both creat microbes and fungi.
This creates white material similar to that.
It helps the roots.
You might have a similar microbial product in the soil.
Its good for her.
Bill

Ya I've had spider mites, now fighting white flies. I swear this stuff is some type of mushroom fungus. After smelling it I felt like throwing it on some pizza. Ima keep it away from the other plants. It's hot here outside, so between the heat and being exposed to insects I'm sure things probably aren't gonna turn out good for her.

It's not a top quality soil, it's my first time and didnt realize the importance of alot of things
I'd be more concerned about the pests.
Make sure you get rid of those mites.
Bill

Did you maybe innoculate with mycorrhizhae? The white is mycelium, the 'body' of the fungus, whereas the actual mushrooms that bloom from it are called the fruit, or fruiting body. As others said, it is a good thing for your plant.

Back
Top Bottom