White Widow harvest question

20151212_200135.jpg
20151212_200054.jpg

Looks close, another 2 weeks maybe. Ignore breeder times for the most part. My White Widow(greenhouse seeds) is looking ready now at a hair over 6 weeks in flower. Breeder lists it as a 8-9 week flowering time.

Get yourself a cheap microscope and go by the trichrome colors to ensure optimal harvest window.

Mostly cloudy trichromes is standard, maybe 10-30% Amber. No Amber, less milky and more clear trichromes gives more of a head, and more Amber gives you more body/sleep.

Around 70% Amber, a late harvest of NLxBB
IMG_20151207_075818.jpg

I'm right with ya on the white widow. I have two plants started from clones that are both 40 days into flower. I grew one in a 3 gal smart pot and the second in a 2 gal smart pot. Both plants have blossomed well. One of the plants has about 70-80% orange pistols (hairs), but microscopic view of the trichomes shows that only 20-30% have gotten cloudy...no ambers yet. The second plant seems to be a bit slower with only a few orange pistols across the whole plant. I'm guessing I have at least three weeks to go...maybe four. I'm on a 12/12 dark/light schedule now, but in about 2 weeks, I may go to 10/14 light/dark for the final couple of weeks. At the same time, I'll do a final flush and stop fertilizers. I harvested my last couple of plants a bit early and I don't want to do that again. The product gave a very pleasant heady kind of high....but I want a bit more of the body stone, so I'll wait to see 10-15% amber trichs.

Unfortunately, I have a harvest deadline of Jan 21 so that I can properly dry the product before leaving for vacation.

I agree with Atulip on this. Give your plants another few weeks. One of my plants looks similar to yours, but I know it's not ready yet. I also got a $10 microscope on amazon or ebay and it's OK for checking trichomes. I usually cut off a tiny bit of a trich-covered leave and move it to a table to look with the scope. Also...the buds will get substantially bigger during the final 2-3 weeks...you'll get more product!

Be Patient! This is the time when our hopes for the plants makes us get impatient and we begin to create justifications for why it's ready to chop now.....when it's not time yet. Be patient!

Hiker

Back
Top Bottom