Who is open to the world about their pot use?

IshmarRodriguez

So I have been doing lots of thinking lately. I want to go public with my pot use, become an advocate and help people. I am wondering if I should do it now (live in FL with bad marijuana laws), or wait until I move to california.

My biggest fear is it somehow disrupting my job. People thinking of me different. I could care less about what anyone else thinks...

Since my job is my bread and butter, I am very hesitant.

Another thing. Although I have no fears of my family finding out, my whole family is anti-pot. They know that I used to do it when I was a kid, but they thought I become a straight arrow. The whole time they thought I was a "good kid", I was smoking pot. Which is probably what I would use as an example when I explain it to them. I don't talk to them much, because my views are so different, but I would like to break it to them instead of them seeing my face on the frontpage of the newspaper in 5 years with the headline "Ishmar Rodriguez (not my read name :) single handedly defeats goverment and legalizes pot" or something like that :p

Also, I love my brother dearly. He is the only one who still lives near me. However, his wife is VERY anti-pot. She also has him on a leash. I'm afraid if I tell him he will tell his wife, then she will ban him from ever seeing me or ban me from seeing my nephew. That's going to be a tough one to break...

Anyhow, sorry for bother you all with my personal life. I just felt like posting stuff that was going through my mind. Sorry for the bad typing. Normally I spellcheck and stuff, but I am so high :)

I'm not reall "open" about it....cause I'm too paranoid about law enforcement and my parents would be pissed if they knew..lol

..but like friends wise...they all know.

I get to know people and try to feel out what they think about the issue. If I think they are cool about it I'll loosen up talk more about it.I don't just run around telling everyone I see, but I'm not ashamed of it.

Bunny said:
cause I'm too paranoid about law enforcement

I agree, but I kind of came to the realization that I am now willing to goto jail to fight for what I believe in. I am not going to let this goverment push me around, and I will gladly be a martyr if it means ending the war on drugs.

I have been very selective about who I have an do tell! although I have no inhibitions about broadcasting the fact with a spliff in public places! I'd love to shout it from the roof tops and will do one day!

ishmar -

I don't broadcast far and wide the fact that I smoke, but I also don't hide it. Several people I work with know my choices, but I'm otherwise discrete at work. I'm quite sure it would be used as an excuse to terminate me, at this point.

I'm seriously entertaining the idea of getting a job with NORML and becoming an activist. Whenever the discussion turns to drugs, I advocate legalization with regulation - like is currently done with alcohol and cigarettes. I see the people I talk to get thoughtful expressions and really consider my ideas.

A lot of people tend to lump weed in with the heavier drugs - thanks to our wonderful government's propaganda machine. I educate people about the reasons why pot is illegal (thanks DOW Corp. and 'Reefer Madness') and I discuss the medical uses and that weed has never killed anyone - as opposed to ....

I guess I'm already an activist, but wouldn't mind getting paid to be one.

:bongrip:

Yeah. That reminds me of an episode of cops.

They tried blaming some dude holding up a 7-11 on him getting money for "pot". I don't think they believed it themelves.

yeaa im open you know how i do...its not like i talk to anyone like yeaaa lets smoke a blunt sometime or start talking about me and my buddies smoking or whatever you know. I've thought about just going out there too just walkin the streets or somethin lol..i would ask how old you were and how long you knew the gf...if your still young i'd tell you to chill, if anything they can thing you just believe in it, get into politics. You don't want to fuck anything up with your bro n his girl, or the nephew. So how do you know everyones so anti-pot??..well idk man i'd chill for abit.

I'm totally open about it, as is most everyone out here in The Triangle.
I'm not open about growing, though most people out here who smoke also grow. I'd say maybe 10 people know for sure about my garden but I'm sure many more assume that I grow.

SlimDog53185 said:
I get to know people and try to feel out what they think about the issue. If I think they are cool about it I'll loosen up talk more about it.I don't just run around telling everyone I see, but I'm not ashamed of it.
I'm the same way, i just dont go around telling everyone about it.

lets see...everyone around me knows I smoke, family ( except my grandparents...lol and they really dont need to know...they might tho someday. ) my rents know...( hell my mom has her own garden...) my dad doesnt ...but used to and does other things. most my friends do...my work even knows...they seem to be cool with it..as long as I dont come to work toooo stoned. ( my managers make fun of me about it sometimes picking on me...all in good fun tho.) Some of the cops around here also know I do now...because they caught me and my friend...but we didnt have enought to get introuble...and they really didnt care about that...I wouldnt go doing it in public tho...but I would totally be truthful if I was ever asked. Yah, I smoke pot...SO WHAT?? lol Just open up about it to people you feel you want to know.

I'm open with the people in my life that are open minded and won't judge me. But there are people that aren't open to it and they will never be told about my beloved Ganja. Some people are way too set in their ways to be able to see things from another's perspective... my sister-in-law being the major one. Shitty thing is, she has some medical issues that I'm sure could be helped by weed but she's too brainwashed to ever let herself benefit from it.

everybody knows i smoke...i dont see a reason to hide it, its something i enjoy doing, im in no way ashamed of it.

but i also dont go around telling people "l0lz i SmoKe W3eD, iM c0o0lz, roflfor"

i dont go around telling people, but anyone that knows me for very long figures it out. i have that stoner vibe!!:cheesygrinsmiley: my office manager has put 2 and 2 together. although i would never come out and say it to her. i am afraid that if for any reason down the line things get ugly, they could not use it against me.

I will never DENY that i smoke pot.:headbanger:

About your brother's wife. I know I could never come between my husband and his brother, not that I'd want to. If he ever became that much of a wuss I wouldn't have much respect for him. So if he stopped hanging out with you because of her, that is his problem that he needs to work out. She may not like it but she'll have to get over it. You're her brother in law, you're family.
As for coming out in the open, good for you. Maybe keep things on the DL around your bosses and stuff if you have to. I personally don't shout from the rooftops that I smoke, but if someone asked me I would be honest. I'm not ashamed. It's really just not a big deal. I really believe if you treat it as a normal thing people will just accept it about you. Yes, point out to your family you've always been a good kid while also being a stoner. Educate them about how it's been used for thousands of years and has never killed anybody. If they are Christians let them know that Jesus was annointed with it. And let them know that if they love you, they'll accept that it's not hurting anyone and it's simply something you enjoy.

I'm open about it, sort of. If I smoke, I lose my job, so I can't say "I smoke pot." But, I can and do talk about marijuana, law, medicine, tools, etc. I just don't say that I smoke.
That's at work. Outside of work, most of my friends have smoked with me.
With family, they know but there's no reason for us to bring it up.

My situation won't work for the OP, he said that he wants to be an activist. In which case, he should be prepared for many search warrents.

Back
Top Bottom