Why didn't it work??

Inasad

Guys I made a batch of brownies and they don't really work... I ate two of em and all it did was make me kinda slow. I have had brownies before and they were definitely at like 20% strength. I used like 5 grams, put it in some oil on the stove, heated it up to a simmer and let it sit for a couple mins, brought it back down, and back up again like 3 or 4 times, stiring it slowly the whole time. I took half of the roughage out and went on with the brownies.

Funny story.... since the brownies didn't work much, I ate 4 of em one night at about 7:30 just to get rid of em. Never really got that high from em but the next morning I went to work where I supervise around 45 employees and I couldn't figure out why everyone was giving me weird looks until I asked my co-worker who told me I was smiling/laughing and looked baked outa my mind. For the next 2 hours I was hiding from everyone trying to find coffee.

Anyway thats still a failure cause I had to eat 4 of em. Any advice?

The affects of eating it are different from smoking it. Unless you're paying attention it can really nail you in a subtle way. For me it's more body than head. When I look in the mirror and see how red and glassy my eyes are, I know it's working. You had your supervisees as your mirror.

It does sound like you may have vaporized some of the THC out while cooking it, though.

He did an a vegetable oil extraction and left some green in it when he put it into the mix. Do you think, if done properly, it would work in lieu of cannabutter?

I find that Extra virgin olive oil works alot better than butter. Most oils will work better.

He did an a vegetable oil extraction and left some green in it when he put it into the mix. Do you think, if done properly, it would work in lieu of cannabutter?

Like has been posted here, the high is different and lasts a lot longer.
Did you use shake or bud?
I cook mine in canola oil. Just keep the oil on simmer for 15 minutes. Its a real low heat.
Did you put the weed through a coffee grinder?
I usually use between 7 and 10 grams for my brownies depending on the quality of the weed.

I find that Extra virgin olive oil works alot better than butter. Most oils will work better.

Extra Virgin is a good choice since its smoke point temperature is lower than the boil point of THC. Depending on the reference source...but THC= 392 F vs. EVOO - 365 F.

If your EVOO is smoking, you may be wasting your THC. That should make it easier to tell the temp w/o a thermometer.

First of all, I didn't put the bud straight in the mix, read my original post. I used extra virgin olive oil but I don't think I let it stay on the heat long enough. The heat never went above mid heat, usually it was lower.

I did not have a way to measure in weight the amount I used, so maybe I just didn't use enough but I think it was pretty concentrated. I don't know how much more I could have put in without adding more oil.

And no, I didn't put it through a coffee grinder, but I did grind it with a regular grinder and I put it through three times.

I'm not sure why your saying it didn't work, especially since you said you were stoned out of your mind the next morning. It sometimes takes a long time for it to kick in. IMO your brownies were a success. There are a lot of variables when eating brownies. If you've eaten anything else before you have brownie it will take longer to have the effects.

When I made brownies, it took a LONG time before I felt anything. I had eaten a big dinner, so that's probably why...

I was thinking the same thang
after I read the Whole post :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sounds like he was buzzed and didn't even know it.

First of all, read my original post.
Sorry buba, I got a bad habit of us readin' the first few lines.

Ya' know it(potency) will vary also with the bud/plant matter potency.
Just play with it till you get it where ya' like it and watch the temps :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I honestly didn't even think of that but I'm still not really sure how high I actually was that morning. I say that because I think it just seemed like I was higher because I just woke up, and I was in a situation where if any of the 50 people that work for me had said anything I could have been in a lot of trouble; and belive me, most of those people know what a high person looks like.

Anyway, I guess you guys are right, I wasn't realizing how high I was. But I still have some fine tuning to do.

Tolerance really varies with edibles. When eating with friends there's a wide variance of highs. I take about one and half hours for mine to kick in, others it only takes 20 minutes.And tolerance seems to build up fairly quickly. I eat half a brownie every 2 hours now where 4 months ago 1 brownie would have sufficed for the whole day.

What strain and how much? Dont get me wrong...You can get high off of just eating weed...But it has to be really potent and alot. I ate a gram of hash one time. The exprience was really bad, I couldnt move.

Back
Top Bottom