Why so many seeds in my buds?

You don't hear about 10 week strains these days

Yeah, I know, 10 weeks is crazy so I thought. I was starting to get concerned, started a thread earlier in the growers forum under the harvest sub-forum along with pics. A poster over there suggested that the leaves on mine appear likely to be sativa dominant. Funny, when they were in veg they appeared more indica, but the leaves that came on during flower looked sativa.

I grow 12/12 from seed and had some plants that went 93 days. I was determined that I wasn't going to harvest until I had at least 50/50 amber trichs. It was well worth the wait.

I have a few jars that are four months old.

i got some seeds out of some real good mid-grade.
would it be best just to trash them.

I grew some seeds I found in some mid I had a while back and it was the best shit that I ever smoked... don't trash them grow em... if you grow them right the end result wont be mid grade it will be high grade!

BOOM, just like that!! Last night they were cloudy with 10% amber. Quick progress. Planning harvest Sunday, hoping that will be about right, would prefer more cloudy than amber. Don't have much choice, it is the first day I have open.

We are going to get in trouble, this is all off topic. Surprised noone has put up a :focus: on us.

The one plant I have that is heavily seeded, is going to be about worthless. It is plum full of nuts. I won't get much out of her.

I've always been told and follow, "If you think it is ready to harvest, wait a week."

Sunday is the only day I will have my husband's help, he works M-F, me Tu-S, so it is pretty much when I must do it. Don't know when they changed, sometime between Saturday morning and last night, so it could be right on a week.

I have 5 Arjan Ultra Haze #1 ready to go in a few weeks. I hope its worth the 13 week bloom versus a 8-10 stain. I will let you know.

I still have 1 more week of cure before smoking.
I can tell you that I have never smelled something so sweet and delicious as this. No other strain smells this good.
Love the yield for the 9-10 week bloom phase.
I will let you know soon.

I still have 1 more week of cure before smoking.
I can tell you that I have never smelled something so sweet and delicious as this. No other strain smells this good.
Love the yield for the 9-10 week bloom phase.
I will let you know soon.

Awww, don't let the sticky fingers get to you, eh? Haven't even smoked any of the low lying branches? Strong-willed fellow! +rep

Holy Spicoli,
I have not even thought of touching them until its totally ready.
I would hate to have a bad impression of the strain by trying it too early.
I have to admit that I have grown an ample supply of Himalyan Gold so I am in no hurry until its prime!
thanks for the 420 points but dont know what they are?

Hell, I don't know what they are good for either, lol! I don't give a damn about racking them up, thus I give them when someone helps me or I just plain want to give them :)

I started taking down some of the lower branches because I couldn't afford to buy any, and I didn't want to resort to pills. Some of the elder members here told me it wouldn't hurt anything, they referred to them as "cooking buds". They were not getting good light and were not really progressing. And it was still better than the shit I have been paying through the nose for! The untouched tops looked like this Monday:
021122.jpg

Man those buds are swollen! Mine havent got that swollen.
If your in pain, you do what you have to do! I have lollipopped all of my plant and get rid of branches early that wont produce decent sized buds. I try to make sure the energy is used in the larger buds.
Hey, I only have 3 grows under my belt so far but I feel like have have a real grasp about whats going on. I try to perfect each grow to make the biggest yield with the best taste possible.
Its fun to learn and this seed in my buds grow has taught me alot.

Swollen, yeah, tell me about it. Careful movement for watering, that is why I have broken a couple mid-level branches. The tops have gotten so heavy, but with the tight quarters they hold each other up, I weave the weaker branches through stronger ones.

I considered lolli-popping, but as with everything concerning growing marijuana there are differing opinions. I decided to leave them be. Maybe my top buds would've been bigger, but I don't think they could handle much more and I have really appreciated the fluffy but tedious buds I have gotten from the low lying mangoes!

Swollen, yeah, tell me about it. Careful movement for watering, that is why I have broken a couple mid-level branches. The tops have gotten so heavy, but with the tight quarters they hold each other up, I weave the weaker branches through stronger ones.

I considered lolli-popping, but as with everything concerning growing marijuana there are differing opinions. I decided to leave them be. Maybe my top buds would've been bigger, but I don't think they could handle much more and I have really appreciated the fluffy but tedious buds I have gotten from the low lying mangoes!

wtf is lolly popping?
Sounds sexual.

my 2nd grow i decided to go with white widow femenized seeds. biggest mistake of my life bro. i was picking bananas out of it every day for 8 weeks. i was lucky and resiliant and my crop didnt get seeded (dont know how).
femenized seeds are the worst frikikn thing there is. they are like hookers downtown. their pimp might tell everyone his girls are 100%girls. but they aint.
really it is soooooo much better just growing out multiple plants of regular seeds then choosing the best of the best. when you buy femenized seeds off those sites. especialy single seeds at a time your jipping yourself, because you buy one seed thinking oh great i can plant one seed and get one plant. female. but really its setting ourselves up for failure.
some seeds never germ. some seeds break on the way. some seeds just dont produce a good plant. the chances of getting a fucked seed when buying one fem seed is really good. actually as far as ive seen the chances of getting a problem plant are greater than getting a quality plant from fem seeds. just my opinion. but after growing for 10 yrs and being able to look back, the fems sucked every time. not every time but they always had some issue. good luck bro. oh and dont forget to wash the room down because i forgot to wipe down the tops of my lites and when the pistls came i got a few seeds from the air blowing the pollen around.

wtf is lolly popping?
Sounds sexual.

LMFAO, surprised you didn't highlight swollen too! (Accentuated that word every way possible!) :biglaugh: Contrary to your fantasy, which is illegal in all 69 states, it is not the art of sucking a lollipop! It is removing lower branches in order to concentrate growth to the top. Thus, a ball on a stick! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom