will my girls seed again?

dankbudz68

my last grow sadly wound up with a few hermies.seeded my whole crop.harvested them 10 days ago.i cleaned my whole room with water.what are the chances of my next grow being seed free?i am using a different strain this time.they are guaranteed female clones.they are in soil with 5gal pots.been veggin for 8 days now.just dont know if cleaning the room is enough to stop this from happening again.is hermies as bad as having full males when it comes to pollination?does pollen become contaminated if it comes into contact with a surface other than a plant?just dont want this to happen again.any input on this would be greatly appreciated.also does pollen become infertile after a certain amount of time?thanx in advance.:thanks::lot-o-toke:

i reckon that nobody knows anything about pollen?i mean really,an entire website full of growers and nobody can help me?

that aint right man......theres alot of things that can cause any girl to hermie.....any form of over stress at the wrong time........growing a clone from a harmie.....or a seed from a hermie etc.

I feel your pain, bro! I had my first crop hermie out after 8 years, with no change to environment and even in improved conditions. I went through the same thing you did, sprayed the room and got new ducting. I thought it was from heat stress, but now the second time through, after cleaning the room and everything, I've found some sacs. Pulled the sacs off second week into flower. The bud is all great, but now that I'm harvesting I'm finding little, non-developed seeds, like peppercorns.

So let me know if you've figured something out because I have no clue what's going on. I'm assuming it's a neighbor because I just don't know what else it could be.

A hermi can come from anywhere. It is a genetic mutation of sorts, believed to be caused by stress.

If you washed the room down really well and removed all of the pollin than you probably got it. If not you may see some more seeds. We cannot tell here if you cleaned your grow space well enough. Even if you did a poor job the chances of all your flowers being pollinated are slim.

But anything can happen with living things. The only guarantee is death.

Back
Top Bottom