Will She Ever Swell?

Thanks! While I haven’t completed a cycle with them. I feel confident 10-12” should be just fine. Good luck!
I have read several times on this site that if you're going to bring the lights that close don't do it in a hurry. Do a few inches a day. Just what I read that's all

Whelp... she's chopped. Hanging upside down in my dry tent! I'll keep you posted on flavor, potency and how dense!

Crop King seeds!

I knew it. Last run I popped 5 CKS NL autos. Only two grew of which one actually grew well. One without problem and the other looked like yours...a genetic mess.

Mine never really budded, tightened or turned. I ended up using her for butter and coconut oil.

Here’s a few pics of my CKS NL auto. They didn’t upload right but obviously one is of the plant with their good genetics and then the crappy genetics.

I also use 2 Mars 300’s and an Eco. I found that 19” for veg is perfect. I’ll have to look up the distance I use for flower.

It’s no you it’s the seedbank.

Attachments

• 699F020F-7AB1-471C-AF85-49FAFD1996A9.jpeg
    699F020F-7AB1-471C-AF85-49FAFD1996A9.jpeg
    567.7 KB · Views: 71
  • B42DB435-473D-4F6F-BB01-70264931A03C.jpeg
    B42DB435-473D-4F6F-BB01-70264931A03C.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 4D377F2E-E73B-49C5-826A-96CACBDBD54C.jpeg
    4D377F2E-E73B-49C5-826A-96CACBDBD54C.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 60
Whelp... she's chopped. Hanging upside down in my dry tent! I'll keep you posted on flavor, potency and how dense!

Hi RJ my thinking is that there is no reason to be troubled about fluffy buds. They dry better, have just as many trichomes, and they are just as good / strong as that found on dense buds.

When you grind them up, there is no difference really.

Insert Dont worry be happy song here :theband:

I looked up on Mars' site what they recommend for that light... here is what I found:
Seedling:20”-28“ Growth:16”-20“ Bloom:10"-16 "

I am reading this to mean that you could/should be as much as 8" closer while in bloom. This is very likely the reason for the less developed buds.

yes this sounds right, i had my light at 33-36” first grow and wondered why the buds never swole too, plants are doing wayyy better at the correct distance this time around

yes this sounds right, i had my light at 33-36” first grow and wondered why the buds never swole too, plants are doing wayyy better at the correct distance this time around
Wow!!! Really?! Thank you so much! I appreciate this more than you know!

Just curious (sorry for posting here, but my journal gets 1 viewer) :) You guys are talking inches for the lights from your plants. what about lumens.. like right now my light is about 12" from my plants doing 75-80k lumens.. the thing i have been watching for is any leaves curling over, isn't that a main indicator of too much light? just curious before i hurt something.

Hi RJ my thinking is that there is no reason to be troubled about fluffy buds. They dry better, have just as many trichomes, and they are just as good / strong as that found on dense buds.

When you grind them up, there is no difference really.

Insert Dont worry be happy song here :theband:
Wow, can't thank you enough for this tidbit!!! Had no idea! Thanks so much!

Just curious (sorry for posting here, but my journal gets 1 viewer) :) You guys are talking inches for the lights from your plants. what about lumens.. like right now my light is about 12" from my plants doing 75-80k lumens.. the thing i have been watching for is any leaves curling over, isn't that a main indicator of too much light? just curious before i hurt something.
Good question! Anybody??? Sorry I'm a rookie and you don't want info from me as I'm still learning!

Naw.. your thread showed in the weekly email so you will get a ton of views:) figured i would post here.. sorry for leeching on.. but anything we can learn is good :)
REALLY??! Not sure what that means but it sounds good.

Your question about lumens is a good one. I hope someone will respond. I wonder if you need to post a new friend... Like I said I will wait for a professional to help you! I wish I knew more about lumens!

Your question about lumens is a good one. I hope someone will respond. I wonder if you need to post a new friend... Like I said I will wait for a professional to help you! I wish I knew more about lumens!
*** new thread... not friend. Talk text.

Every week they send out a list of new/popular threads yours was like #6 of 40 or so :)

My lights are dimmable, so I can keep them at the same level and increase or decrease the intensity as required. In a tent, with its highly reflective sides, raising the lights may not have as much effect as you'd think. The light will bounce off of the sides giving a more even light, rather than reducing the intensity. In an open environment that light would be wasted, and the 1/4 power rule is in full effect.

Back
Top Bottom