Will this work for my grow

Aquafina

So I plan on growing one plant in a small room maybe 2ft x 3ft I was wondering if the lighting would be enough for it, links below.

Well first off I plan on buying these two items to use. If anyone knows of a cheaper cord feel free to send me the link.
15' Socket Set Grow Light Ballast Mogul Base w Cord 5KV System Sun Assembly Ft | eBay

Leviton 007 128 660 Watt Twin Light Socket Adapter Brown | eBay

Then the light bulbs, unless im mistaken they can go directly into a wall outlet so I was just going to use an extension cord for them (making the first two links irrelevant) I'll put 2 of the bloom ones right above the plant at first and then later Ill put two of the grow ones right above it.
T5 Light Bulbs Fluorescent Lamps T5HO F54 T 5 Tubes HO | eBay

Otherwise I would get 4 of these bulbs and use the first two links have two hanging right above the plant at all times and then once it gets a little bit bigger ill hang the other two down lower to make sure the bottom of the plant gets a good amount of light.
600 Watt MH HPS Conversion Grow Light Bulb Sodium to Metal Halide 600W w Lamp | eBay

Let me know if you think either of these combinations will work or if I should just try using different bulbs or what, I dont have much money to invest in this, maybe like $100 so Im trying to keep it as cheep as possible.

Hi Aquafina.

I'd like to try to help, but let me start by welcoming 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here. :welcome:

The Socket and cord set listed first will hold the bulbs you list in your last link. (You may wish to double check the 420 guidelines about linking to outside sites that are not sponsors as I believe it's frowned on) However the use of those bulbs and cord require a ballast in order to operate. The sockets you list in the second link are for normal household bulbs and as far as use in growing would only work with compact fluorescents, not the bulb in the last link.

Your third link, to the T5 bulbs, also requires a ballast and fixture for use. They do not plug into the wall but are the same tube fluorescent lights you might see overhead in a store or business. There is another set of pins (like the one in the photo) on the other end of tube and both must be in contact with their very unique socket in order to work.

If you're interested in using a High Intensity Discharge (HID) light like the HPS to which you link, I think a 400 watt would probably work in the space you propose. You might even get away with a 250 Watt. You can most likely find something on Amaz*n that is close to or only a little more than your budget.

Alternatively, you might find a 4 bulb T5HO close to the budget amount at a big box retailer. Since I don't know your location I'm hesitant suggest a store name, but a home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot) or someplace like Walmart if available.

One word of warning if you haven't ever been around a HID, they get hot. As in really hot. As in approaching 200 degrees hot and you have to be able to vent that heat somewhere outside your grow area. This may be as simple as a fan blowing it out, but depending on your space and how stealthy you need to be, may involve a whole lot more.

Also if I buy this Amazon - 2 ft. - 1 Lamp - F24T5-HO - Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture - Spectralux 6500K Lamps and Wire Hangers Included - Sun Blaze Strip Light Supreme 21 how many plants can that support and can I use the bulbs that come with it to grow or should I buy those T5's, if they can even fit in it, im not really too sure how to check kinda new to this sorry.

Hi,I have four plants under hds at the mo,I think things have slowed up a bit,so I've been thinking about sticking a tube light bang In the middle.also I have raised them up towards the hds they are about a foot away,any suggestions guys?

Back
Top Bottom