I was in my local grow store the other day and the guy offered me a free small container if I'd critique it for him.
I explained that wilt is not a problem. He knows that I am a pro cloner, and he seemed surprised. He said, "your cuttings don't wilt?" and I said yes they did, sometimes, depending on the environment and the genetic and he said "well, this will stop that." To which I questioned why I'd want to stop it. It doesn't last but a few minutes and they recover in about a half hour with no intervention. And, it doesn't affect the survival rate that I can tell.

Why do I need it?
It might work, but so what?
Ninety percent of the stuff in a grow store ... you don't need, or can do better elsewhere.

Example: CalMag. That shits expensive ... and you don't need it. When you're gettin ready to plant go to your favorite cafe for breakfast and ask the waitress if she can arrange for you to get some egg shells. I tipped my waitperson heavy because she brought me out a big bag of egg shells once. Break them up to a powder and mix in with your favorite medium - there's yer calcium. Then, when you water throw a handful of Epsom Salts in - that's magnesium. Cost? $20 total including a generous tip to your waitress.

If wilting bothers you after putting up your cuttings, dome and mist them ... but for no longer than a day or you might end up with a bad case of PM.

~ Auggie ~

PS: When you get the Epsom Salts be sure to get unscented, uncolored, uneverything. You want 100% Magnesium Sulfate. It is cheap, about $2.00 for a lb that will last thru a whole grow. You can find it in just about every grocery store and for sure in every drug store. It mite be in the 'foot care' section as it is used for soaking. It's also a great laxative - will clean your shitter out REAL quick. I use a handful in a 50 gal reservoir every other watering, or whenever I think of it, or whenever the girls ask for it.

Back
Top Bottom