Wilting

rghed

First time grower here...I used 2 saucers & wet napkin to start the seed...low ryder #2 .....got fast results & used tweezers to put the seed ...root down into dampened pearlite container which is sitting in a saucer of water in order to leach the store bought water up into the medium...again...good results...placed under a 24 hour flourescent (about 6 watts ).... This morning one of the three seedlings was laying over ...the stem looked like it was thinned...( damping off ?? )
I need advice before I plant anymore....Thanks

Thanks for the reply ... The one of 3 that wilted...has some roots...I reburied it a bit deeper, but I think I will lose that one... I've moved the pot to a window sill and will stop with the water for a while...and depend on normal daylight.. The plants ( hopefully ) will eventually be moved outside...( I'm in South Carolina ) I have a small spray bottle with drop of Superthrive in it...what do you think..??
Can I just spray a bit daily...??

I can't see your setups but, seedlings normally don't need to be watered like a bigger plant... bigger the plant, the more water they need!

You should be able to pick up the pot, or lean it and tell how heavy it is... it's good to know what the different pots you are using should weigh w/and w/o water!

Back
Top Bottom