Wiring and mounting a mogul base for a CFL with a built in ballast

Bongmaster Bud

I just got a few ceramic sockets for my cfl's to mount in a permanent mother/clone room, but i cant figure out how to mount it to the side of the box... and i cant figure out how to wire two of these sockets to one power cord.
mogul.jpg

What is the wattage of the globes? You could use 18/2 Wire for 2 of them and just strip the wire at the screws. Home depot sells the male ends that clamp onto the 18/2 wire so you can plug it in. The gold screw is suppose to be your hot leg and the silver is suppose to be your neutral. It doesnt really matter either way you wire it up, fluorescent is picky about polarity. It looks like the top part might unscrew and that there is a hole (just underneath the gold screw) where you can use a drywall screw to attach it in your room.

Or take the 5.00 dollar cheap extension cords at home depot or lowes and cut the female end off and wire the white wire to the silver and the black wire to the gold.

yeah i know how to wire it as a single one, ive got 2 thou and im trying to figure out how to wire 2 of these outlets to one power cord.... and how to mount it to a wall horizontally

Go to Home Depot and get some metal electrical boxes and real electrical wiring (Romex or BX cable) to wire them up. Don't rig them up with extension cords and don't mount those mogul ceramic bases directly on wood or anything else flammable. Ask the guy in the electrical dept how to properly mount them, he should be able to tell you how to mount them properly.

The risks of fire are too large to just rig these things up and then be sorry later when something bad happens.

Back
Top Bottom