Wiring for a 400w HPS

ally

Hey, after a little advice.

Got given all the stuff that i need to wire up my 400w hps but have very little idea how to wire them up..

All parts
DSCN06773.JPG

ballast
DSCN06743.JPG

Starter
DSCN06733.JPG

Capacitor
DSCN06711.JPG

Plug thing with trip(for timer i believe)
DSCN06752.JPG

if anyone can advise me of how i go about wiring this bits up, i would be very great full as my plants are pretty much ready for 12/12 but i dont have my HPS light ready :(

Many thanks

ally

Wow man, just look on Craigslist and buy a 400 watt HPS bro, you can find good deals, plus they are already put together and some are part of the hood itself...I'm up for doing things myself too, but when it comes to electrical, I don't fuck with it....Good luck to you....not trying to discourage you, just worry about fires and things when not familiar with electrical...

To save money I awselll bought an old broken ballast from a local hardware store for 30 dollars.. it's a 400 watt MH (not including the bulb) The man from the counter said the igniter had to be replaced.. he said he can fix it for me for 70 dollars or I can buy as it is for 30 and fix it myself. so that's what I did. since I don't know any electrical stuff I called a friend of mine to help me.. he got the instructions & map online and fixed it.. here's the map pic that might help you.

ballast.gif

To save money I awselll bought an old broken ballast from a local hardware store for 30 dollars.. it's a 400 watt MH (not including the bulb) The man from the counter said the igniter had to be replaced.. he said he can fix it for me for 70 dollars or I can buy as it is for 30 and fix it myself. so that's what I did. since I don't know any electrical stuff I called a friend of mine to help me.. he got the instructions & map online and fixed it.. here's the map pic that might help you.

ballast.gif

Well good for you my friend!!! I was just thinking it was a bit dangerous if not knowing how to do it...Good luck to you and I hope it works out well for you...:thumb:

Bad idea!!! If you don't know what you are doing with electricity and electrical components, stay away! Is the few bucks you will save worth a fire or electrocution? Very bad idea.....

Haven't had a problem with mine. had it for a year now, am guessing my friend did an awesome job on fixing it :)

But yeah, am guessing you need to know what your doing. Or find an electtrician and ask him for advice or help.

Ally, I agree with the notion that if you have no clue how to do this then you should not attempt it.

I mean this seriously with all due respect to safety.

If you are confident in your abilities, then move forward.

I was able to successfully rewire 150w and 400w hps ballasts at different times. It was a pain in the ass and I was scared so I took my time, looked up the information from multiple sources and confirmed everything before moving forward.

Bear in mind that electrocution is the 5th leading cause of residential accidental deaths in the United States and that there are over 28,000 residential electrical fires annually...

Back
Top Bottom