Wiz Khalifa On His 12 Tips For Smoking Weed

Jacob Redmond

When exiting the elevator, the smell is unmistakable: weed. Pungent. Floral. The good stuff. The source? Wiz Khalifa's room here in Aspen, Colorado. Upon entering it, you're greeted by five of his traveling cohorts, and what appears to be nearly a half-pound of marijuana spread out on the table like a Thanksgiving harvest. "Gimme that bong!" Khalifa says, lighting its bowl and filling up the clear glass chamber with enough pot smoke so that it resembles a small jug of milk. The rapper and singer-songwriter, who has followed in the footsteps of his mentor Snoop Dogg to become something of hip-hop's resident stoner, is in town to perform at the X Games. He's one of four major music acts performing at ESPN's annual extreme sports gathering this year, alongside Snoop, Skrillex, and Chromeo.

Being that we're in Colorado, where weed is now legal for recreational purposes, Wiz is in good spirits. "It just feels better being in this type of environment and knowing the smell doesn't scare people and everybody's with it," he says while rolling a joint, stopping to offer one that's already lit. "If you pass somebody a joint they're gonna hit it!" What better opportunity than this, we thought, to delve into Khalifa's massive weed-related knowledge base and pry out some of his most trusty nuggets of cannabis comprehension.

"Different weed works differently for different people. There's no better kind, whether sativa or indica. It just depends on your chemical makeup, who you are. Some people smoke sativa and feel more up and smoke indica and feel more down. I'm the type of the person where I smoke indica and feel way more up and smoke sativa and feel down. That's the opposite of what happens for most people. It's definitely through trial and error."

"I've been blessed to travel a lot and run into lots of different types of weed men, whether it be college kids who grow it themselves, dudes in the hood who grow it themselves."

"The Bay Area is where I learned the most about weed. And wax. They're just more advanced over there when it comes to all of that 'cause they've been doing it for a long time. Like the weed that we smoke now, they've been engineering it for years in the mountains."

"Certain strains of weed might be popular now simply because of advertisement. Everything has a name on it and it has different effects to it than what the name might actually be. It's so easy to make some pretty-ass flower that doesn't kick that strong. But the main thing is just the smell and the taste. The look can still be kinda there because it's real easy to make pretty weed these days. So if you get your hands on something and it smells really, really dank and it hits really strongly, you know that that's the shit. You really can't deny that. You know what I'm saying?"

"Out in Cali is where all the best buds are because that's where the original seeds come from. Everything else is like a clone. Not everything is grown exactly the same way the original strain was grown. The AK-47 out here in Colorado might be a little lighter and a little fluffier than the AK-47, say, in Northern Cali."

"All kush isn't kush. The different strains of kush, those are really the ones that vary and change up the most. You can get kind of fooled. That's why I created Khalifa Kush so I could stop smoking all those weird kushes."

"It's tight to be involved in the growing process. I always felt like the knowledge was somewhere in my brain. I just had to go out into the world and seek it and find it."

"There's nothing you can do wrong when it comes to smoking weed. It's up to the individual to experiment and find out what works for them. Sometimes you've got to over-smoke and sometimes you gotta do some things to push it. But at the end of the day, [points to bong] this is where it's at."

"In Pittsburgh we started out smoking blunts and shit on the block with the homies. Then meeting more people, becoming more cultured, I started smoking joints. Doing bongs. Doing vaporizers. All sorts of other shit. I fuck with all of that. It's all different types of ways to get high."

"I always rolled papers without a filter until I went to Canada. That's where I learned to roll with the crutch. I don't know exactly the real reason they used filters. It was like, 'You have to roll every joint with a filter.' I just put everybody else on it, too. But sometimes it's good to roll without it 'cause you can taste the weed. So really, it's up to you."

"With weed, you can hear things you weren't able to hear before. You can see things you weren't able to see before. You're more in a meditative stage than when you're drinking. I like to drink socially and at parties and stuff like that, but to be drunk onstage is a totally different vibe than to be stoned."

"I want to be as high as I can when I perform. When I smoke it just gives me the best thoughts ever. I'm not really thinking about what's going on. I'm just letting it happen. My memory is just flowing and I can do things right on the spot without ever having to think about it 'cause I feel free."

wiz-khalifa-bong-wallpaper.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Wiz Khalifa Weed - Wiz Khalifa Tips for Marijuana - Esquire
Author: Dan Hyman
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Esquire - Beautiful Women, Men's Fashion, Best Music, Drink Recipes

Back
Top Bottom