World's First Store of Hemp-Made Clothes Debuts in China

Weedpipe

420 Member
NINGBO, Zhejiang - World's first store selling hemp-made clothes exclusively has debuted in east China's Zhejiang Province.

The hemp fiber, after being detoxified, excels at absorbing moisture, shielding radiation and ultraviolet rays, said Zhang Jianchun, a researcher with the General Logistics Department of the People's Liberation Army.

The fiber was worn by soldiers during the national day parade in 2009, and they liked it, said Zhang.

The store, "Han Ma Sheng Huo Guan," which opened in Ningbo City Friday, sells hemp-made products including clothes, bath towels and sheets.

"I'll try to see if they really have special functions," said a consumer selecting shirts in the shop.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Xinhua
Author: yan
Copyright: 2009 Xinhua News Agency
Website:World's first store of hemp-made clothes debuts in China

Unfortunately Weedpipe, you have been misinformed. Back in 1996, in Vancouver Washington, at the Vancouver Mall, there was a store called Northwest Hemp. At this store, a person could buy plastic MJ leaf lei's, all their clothes, including shirts, hats, and pants, were made of hemp. I believe they were shut down for selling smoking apparatus to minors though.

Its only been modern day society back in the thirties that stopped our hemp production in north america for sheer profit reasons hemp or jute was used for everything clothes rope paper of the highest quality biodiesel fuels biodegradeble plastics cooking and salad oils and it has the highest protien level of any other food also vitamins omegas6&9 the list is mind boggling it is probably a rael superplant with countless ways of helping our planet

Unfortunately Weedpipe, you have been misinformed. Back in 1996, in Vancouver Washington, at the Vancouver Mall, there was a store called Northwest Hemp. At this store, a person could buy plastic MJ leaf lei's, all their clothes, including shirts, hats, and pants, were made of hemp. I believe they were shut down for selling smoking apparatus to minors though.

we're talking about china bro
there are lots of them in the u.s.
its been awhile but the last one i was in was the santa barbara hemp co.
i've still got a hat i bought there and it looks like it did the day i bought it ten years ago. i love the 'do not smoke this hat' label in it.

Back
Top Bottom