Would 400 watt MH work with 600 watt digital ballest

joshnight

I am a little connfused on the lighting I am planning on using MH bulbs for vegitation and switching to HPS for flowering. I wanted to use a 600 watt HPS bulb my problem is that the don't make 600 watt MH bulbs so will a digital 600 watt ballest suppoert a 400 watt MH bulb
Thanks for the help

NO!

a 600 watt ballast will burn out a 400 watt bulb alot faster.. (personal experience) it can be dangerous aswell, the resistence in this bulbs goes down when hot, thats why the ballast keeps them down to there wattage level.

but... maybe not.. you mention digital ballast... still wouldnt recomend it though.. maybe some more experience growers can tell you otherwise.

happy growing.

So for all thee growers out there thhat wanna use a 600 watt HPS what do they do if they wanna use a MH bulb forr vegitation stage

The ballast is essentually a current limiting device. Using a bulb that is not rated for the ballast wattage can be a dangerous decision. And honestly, the hps bulb will do just fine in veg. Don't waste your money.....

These were vegged with hps.....

DSC015913.JPG

Ok that's what I've hearrd I also heard that u can increase the ammmount of triclomes and resin when u staart with an MH bulb sso u used a 600 watt the wholee life cycle? And what reflector/hhood did u use or reccomend

There appear to be a few 600-watt MH bulbs and there are of course conversion bulbs.

Or are you just wanting to only draw 400 watts/hour in vegetative?

Back
Top Bottom