Help with hps and clf mix

lordiu50

420 Member
My space is 44 inches x 39 inches I am running a 600W DUAL Lumatek Digital Ballast - 240V its two 600 watt bulbs Dimmed down to 400 watts one bulb is off I am sprouting some auto flowers, so I want to add some blue light I want to use some cfls in there and turn up the hps eventually to maybe 400 watts on both bulbs (800 watts total hps ) how many watts of blue cfl would be good in there is there a red light/blue light formula or something to reference or someone with experience whose brain I could pick.

I was considering it, the main drawback is the amount of amps it would draw compared to using a cfl (already close to max amp draw) and second what To set the dimmer switch to?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Remove all current bulbs and place a single 600 watt MH bulb in the fixture. After the burn in period for the bulb turn it down to 360W until the seedlings get their 3rd or 4th leaf set then slowly turn it up as they grow (every 2 weeks or so). When you are ready to start flowering change over to the HPS. You will not draw any additional amperage, you will actually draw less.

Since they are autoflowering I heard I should give them both spectrums at the same time. Thats why I am trying to find out what ratio of blue to red spectrum.

I used a crazy mix of light my last grow a 1000w hps and 400w watt blue for 3 weeks at the start of flower, than i switched to a 400w hps 2 weeks and and than the 10k 400w to finish.(the hood glass should be removed to get all of the uv rays when using blue lights) you could get 600w bulbs also. The other option the Cfls which the bulb and ballast combined = the wattage of the bulb. You can get an adapter for your hood cord to pug it in the wall and you can get 150/300w bulbs blue, full, and red and is the cooler option for heat issues. I think of it as more blue more THC and more red bigger flowers. I like the 1000w power but the little extra blue light puts power in your pot.

Back
Top Bottom