Would this be okay?

snorlax1175

would a sylvania 75-Watt 6,500K Daylight Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb (2) be enough to push to plants through veg? also after i switch to 2700k lights what should the wattage be?

Hey snorlax, would be a good idea to try and keep all your light questions in one thread instead of a few. Every time you or someone else replies to the thread it will go back to the top of the FAQ list. Sometimes as well there isn't always someone around this section of the forum that has an answer for you at that time, we are all from different parts of the world also :) Try chatting to me in one of your other threads after reading my replies about your light questions, I will get back to you when I get the chance. I normally get emails when someone replies so I will see it eventually.

I use fox farms soil no nutes because I thought soil had enough, turns out the lights were only 800lumens each.... I think that's the prob, I use distilled water, they are in closest, would it be okay to use 42 watt cfls at 6500k until veg is over then in flower use the same 42 watt but at 2700k until harvest?

Yes you could certainly use the 42w bulbs, I know they are relatively inexpensive as well. 1 bulb would be fine for now if they are still young and in the seedling stage but as they get bigger and start to thrive you will want to buy more cfl's to add in to try and cover the whole plant. And yes you got it right by using the different bulbs for veg and flower, blue light spectrum for veg and red light spectrum for flower.

You got it right there. You could always use a 75/25 ratio of lights for veg of 6500k/2700k and then use a 25/75 ratio during flower as well. It's all about the spectrum of light that the bulbs give off. As soon as you turn them on you will be able to tell the difference, one will be a whitish blue and the other will be an orangy red.

Back
Top Bottom