Wow really

PEOPLEZ

IMG_20121106_112216.jpg
I can't believe I got 52 views and not one person can tell me whats wrong with my Lil one with what appears to be bird wings growing out of it.

Probably nothing. I've not had the chance to grow from seed yet. But, i've read alot of posts about funky leaves. It seems to be quite common for the first couple leaves. And seems to straighten itself out all by itself. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as the leaf looks healthy otherwise (good color, texture, no signs of wilting etc.) I wouldn't give it another thought.

Thanks muttt. Question to u is what is the average distance from the first set of fan leaves to the next set of leaves? The reason why I ask is because I measured it and its less than a half inch apart. Here's pic of it.
IMG_20121106_112113.jpg
IMG_20121106_112201.jpg

Man really there is no average ...there are all kinds of genetic mutations...you have some strains that have the natural leaf curl at the start (some blueberries), then you have the triple cotyledons and leaf sets, flat stems (look that up, kinda cool, saw in on strain hunters malawi or india...cant remember) some strains do the taco late in flowering (perfectly normal), flowers coming from the middle of fan leaves, fan leaves growing together, two seedlings from one seed...ALL KINDS MAN...Tight internode spacing is a good thing in my book...The big plant your showing looks great...now if was staying at that height, with no shoots coming out, or it starts yellowing/changing colors, or leaf sets go back to singles and threes, then I'd complain..Lol wait til you throw on the 12/12, she'll stretch on out then...

Thanks Franklin... I was worried for a minute but like u said different strains. My thing is... its been in there for a month and only grew 5 inches in dwc! I would think it would atlease be way taller by now. I got this great white shark that looking like bird wings r growing out of it. Is that normal? Here's a pic.....
IMG_20121106_112216.jpg

they say type of lights used as well as distance from light to plant affect it's height and node spacing(distance between leaves/bud). the farther away the more it will stretch up towards it. so it ends up taller with greater spacing between nodes the closer the light they less stetch closer spacing. the redder light of a 2700k bulb will grow taller plant with greater node spacing while the bluish light of a 5000-6500k light plants grow shorter less space between nodes and generally bushier.

Back
Top Bottom