Yellow/Dry Leaves of my newly rooted plant! Help

Jpapes89

I'm new to growing, I rooted this healthy OG Herojuana clone about 4 days ago. Since then it's been starting to turn yellow at the tips of the leaves, and has further yellowed most of the leaves on the bottom. I'm growing it under one CFL bulb, while using a pc fan to ventilate. It's a small closet grow. I bought the plant from a dispensary here in San Jose about a week ago.
:thanks::yummy:

yellow leafs on a clone is normal, the plant does this sometimes when making roots. After you plant make sure you feed it with NPK higher in N and only 1/2 strenght.

I recently acquired a clone myself and it did the same thing. yellow leaves can usually mean a couple of things; root rot (from over watering), or having your cfl too close to the plant.

water you clone only once every 3 days only using very small amounts of filtered water and do not use nutrients for the first month. If you recently watered and the yellowing then started, do not water for at least 1-2 weeks.

i'm currently useing CFL lights myself and I would suggest starting with 2 150w (40w) 4100k lights from walmart or somewhere similar. you can plug them into bedside lamps.

hope this helps.

Hmmm...I think it may be a combination of both, I only used about a cup of filtered water, and last night I took precaution and moved the light a little further. I actually bought two of those 150w bulbs yesterday in case I needed them. I guess I do =) I also gave the plant a tiny (1/3 strength) nutrients with the water when I watered it. Giving my plant is still in it's first full week of rooting into soil, maybe I'm just being impatient but thank you for the advice! I'm hoping it works.

San_Jose-20110914-00076.jpg

I'm getting the same! Good results =) The bottom leaves seem to be giving the upper plant some power. Still young but totally looking great! I'll post some pictures up! Also, It's an OG Herojuana Plant...My grow box is super small. I don't know how big the plant will grow but I need to grow minimum height so It can fit in my closet. Is it possible to start the flowering process a little sooner? I know too soon is not good, and the amount of buds will be less. But I just wanted to know if this was a possibility. So my goal would be for the plant to grow 2-2 1/2 feet tall at most, smaller if possible. Thanks in advance!!! =D :adore:

cspWarsaw said:
definatly do not use nutes for a while. I would say that is your problem.

Ditto! One if the biggest mistakes new growers make with both young clones and seedlings is KILLING WITH KINDNESS! ;)

I'm surprised that the store you bought the clone from didn't provide you with a "Care and Feeding" guide. Best to just give it plain RO WATER for the first 7 days if it is in soil, since the soil will provide some nutrition. If still in Rockwool, then half strength of Kelp Extract.

I use GrowMore brand "Organic Norwegian Kelp Extract" for my rooted clones that I have recently transferred from my cloner to soil. I feed them on this every 3-5 days for the first month in soil.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom