Yet Another EC/TDS & Possibly Top Off Question

Learning247

Hello Everyone,

I have been doing a lot of reading on these forums so I thought I would ask a question which hopefully someone will be able to answer, but before I jump into that let me give you a quick overview of what I have.

Strain - Chemdawg
# of Plants - 12
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower (Week 5 day 1 of 12/12 switch OR for some people Week 4 day 1 sign after first sign of pistils)
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - 600 Watt HPS & 300 Watt L.E.P. (Both Gavita)
Nutrients - A.N. (600ml pH Perfect Bloom of A&B each, 400ml of Big Bud & Bud Candy, 275ml of MagiCal & Silica Blast)
Res Size = 25 Gallons or 94.5 Liters
Medium - Clay Pebbles (Hydroton)
PPM - 1200 or EC of 1.7
PH - 5.5
RH - 50% to 60%
Room Temperature -78F to 80F or 25C - 26C
Solution Temperature -69F to 70F or 20C - 21C
Room Square Footage - 16
Pests - None Known

So now you have a basic idea of what's going on. Here is a little more information.

I change out my res every Sunday, my plants seem to really love it (but not my wallet). Anywho, Sunday evening when the lights turn on the plants get hit with a fresh batch of nutrients which was 1200ppm/1.7ec & my pH was set to 5.5.

By the time the lights went out this morning my PPM was at 1100ppm or 1.5ec with a pH of 5.8 and they had drank about a good 2 gallons/7.56 liters of water overnight.

Since my ppms dropped by 100 or .2ec after the initial reservoir change does that mean my feeding was too weak and I should bump that up to 1300ppm/1.8ec the next time I feed or should I just add the 2 gallons back with the proper portions of nutrients even though I don't know which nutrients they took up the most?

If I don't add nutrients and just add water then my ppm will go down another 100/.2ec so that will set me back to 1000ppm/1.4ec when the lights turn on again in a couple of hours. And by the next morning I will have seen my TDS rise about 50/100 ppm's or .1/.2ec which means they are hungry IIRC.

What should guys/gals think I should do?

Thank you in advance,
Learning247

P.S. I am thinking that if I get a much bigger reservoir which will last me at least 10 days but that's a different topic.

Back
Top Bottom