Zehamas's First Grow

zehamas

Hey 420Magazine. This is my first attempt at growing Feminized Royal Dwarf Seeds. Anyways I am just going to jump right in, I hope you enjoy reading. Make sure you comment and let me know your thoughts, as well as any tips that you think might be useful.... ctr.... ctr...

So i am using two Repti Glo 2.0 Compact Full Spectrum lights, They supposibly stimulate plant growth so i thought these bulbs would be best, they are 6700k Color Temperature. Because i am also on a tight budget had to make due by coating my closet with tin foil to help reflect the light.
image_8_7.jpg
image_9_8.jpg
I got them at my local reptile store for 29.49 each. On the box it says that the bulbs emit barley any heat. I am growing inside my closet which is a very tight space so the fact that these lights will be on 24hrs a day i don't want my little plants to be burned by the lights, bad ventilation in my bathroom as well but because i live in an apartment i have no where else to put it.
image_12_9.jpg

Anyways, For my soil i decided to go with the Pro-mix Vegetables and Herbs Mix.
image_10_7.jpg
According to the bag it will feed my little babies for three months and cause them to have up to a 20% increase in growth!

I do have one slight concern, As you can see one the plants is a lot smaller compared to the other ones.
image_11_9.jpg

Any Thoughts on why she could be struggling? I've also noticed some white bulbs attached to her stem.
Root_12.jpg
Which is very concerning for me, Should i be worried about it? The other ones are huge compared to it! At first i was growing with just two ordinary light bulbs, but they were super hot and caused the soil to because super dry very fast. so i went out and bought two Repti Glo 2.0 compact 26w. Since replacing the lights the smallest one has undergone a large amount of growth. Which is when the white bulbs appeared on the stem.

To Be Continued

Looks good.. the white little knots are where roots are starting to come and breathe ..maybe it wants to be transplanted because it wants to grow roots i would guess more root space ..imo smart pot bro
420-magazine-mobile990716549.jpg

Looks good.. the white little knots are where roots are starting to come and breathe ..maybe it wants to be transplanted because it wants to grow roots i would guess more root space ..imo smart pot bro

Hey Pacreligous thanks so much for the reply! Its a relief to know that its not growing fungus! I am going to buy a larger pot in the morning so that she can grow her roots! So exciting haha!

So for some reason i was unable to edit the main post of my thread so i will just leave this here encase any of you guys were wondering.
THC: 13%
CBD: Low
Yield Indoor : 150 - 200 gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 30 - 80 gr/plant
Height Indoor: 40 - 70 cm
Height Outdoor: 50 - 90 cm
Flowering: 6 - 7 weeks
Harvest month: 8-9 weeks after sprouting
Genetic Background: Skunk x Ruderalis
Type: Sa 60% In 10% Ru 30%
Effect: Physical stoned
Climate: Cold

Heres some pictures of the heights for this morning! I ended up transplanting the small one into a larger pot last night. When i woke up this morning i noticed her growing a lot in the night.
image_14_7.jpg
Plant Number One!
image_13_6.jpg
Plant Number Two!

With plant number three the one i just transplanted because i had to add more dirt to the new growing medium which i had to wet because it was very dry in the bag. I think I have been over-watering my plants so i am going to cut back on how much i water them.
21284466_1415018828552844_168847790_o.jpg
21297414_1415018798552847_1805456301_o.jpg

More pictures will come later today guys! I read somewhere that if i put a fan up it will strengthen the stems of the seedlings. Since these are royal dwarfs and are only supposed to grow to a max height of 70 cm, should i even bother putting a fan i dont think the plant will get large enough to put stress onto the stem.

A fan will help with stem growth and thicker stems = better buds, id also be careful with the foil on the walls as it can focus light but with ur lights it shouldn't be an issue, id think about topping them at the size u have them to bush out the bottoms a bit and create more bud sites,or maybe consider a small scrog, other then that they are looking good mate

A fan will help with stem growth and thicker stems = better buds, id also be careful with the foil on the walls as it can focus light but with ur lights it shouldn't be an issue, id think about topping them at the size u have them to bush out the bottoms a bit and create more bud sites,or maybe consider a small scrog,

Hey Froldo, Thanks for the reply man! I will give it a thought. I did some researching around and apparently topping an auto flower is a very touchy topic with a lot of growers. What is your opinion on topping an auto flower as i am growing one, If i do top them i think i will only top one of them as its my first grow! Also, I just checked out your grow. Wow man! That thing is a freaking monster! I hope to one day get nice lights like yours!

I am planning on getting a small USB fan from the dollar store later today. But for now i put an ocellating fan in front of the plants. Hopefully this fan works for now!

Hey zehamas mate ive only done about 10 autos never been a huge fan as space hasnt been much of a problem for me but the ones i did i would say 7 or 8 of the strains responded well to topping as long as it was done early enough, thanks for the comments on my current grow im really proud of her it started as an experiment and if she keeps filling out how she is has a chance to beat the quality and weight of anything else ive done in that space, cant see in the pics but she is about 1 nd a half meters wide maybe longer. back to yours though and like u say id try one give it a couple days and see how it recovers for the space / light u have id at least tie her down if u didnt want to top

So it looks like my cat got into my cabinet.... One of the plants broke clean off, so hopefully their will be enough time for her to recover...

Hey GROWant, Welcome to my Journey! Thanks so much for the reply! I translated her to the same sized pot as the other ones two days ago.
image_17_7.jpg

She is currently not really growing, but i think its because she was over-watered, and transplanted.
Alright guys! So as i mentioned earlier my cat attacked one of the plants and snapped the top. I cut it right below the break. I really hope she recovers from this little accident.
image_16_5.jpg

The now largest plant shot up and grew a bunch of leaves. (Before and after)
image_14_7.jpg

image_15_6.jpg

Alright guys.... Bad news, I don't think the one i transplanted is doing so well. I might just be a little impatient. But if you guys have any thoughts or ideas on how i can save her i would really appreciate it. I really want them
image_19_4.jpg

Everything should be okay, maybe you should post pics and keep the forum updated but once the pot dries and the roots take hold of the dirt everything will be back to normal and get vigorous again

Hey PaceReligous thanks for the reassurance! I have been posting pictures for practically every update i have been posting, are you not able to see the photos?

Hey PaceReligous thanks for the reassurance! I have been posting pictures for practically every update i have been posting, are you not able to see the photos?
I can see the pictures, just keep doing what you are doing and she will bounce back, transplanting takes a little time to adjust to..like for a human going in to a cold pool on a hot day it will depends on time now

Hey Guys, Just an update for you! Specimen number one is looking huge! TBH: i am really proud of that one. I think its looking pretty good for my first attempt at growing! Look at this guy! I had to move the lights up higher so that the plant would not burn on the cola.
IMG_0919_1_1.JPG
IMG_0920_1_1.JPG

This poor little guy still has yellow leaves by the base of the plant. however no other leaves have turned yellow, I also believe that she has gotten bigger but I've been in the hospital so i was unable to take pictures... I am going keep following what Pacreligous said, hopefully she manages to "Bounce Back"
just keep doing what you are doing and she will bounce back, transplanting takes a little time to adjust to..like for a human going in to a cold pool on a hot day it will depends on time now
IMG_0920_1_1.JPG

The one that i ended up topping because my cat managed to get into my grow closet and thought it was a yummy snack has managed to start growing more fan leaves, Recovery is on the way!
IMG_0922_1_1.JPG

My final plant has also had some noticeable growth. However compared to the growth of the first plant it seems to be a lot slower. I think this might be because the lights have been moved up higher. What do you guys think, should i move the other three plants into another space so that i can lower the light or keep it above the large one?
IMG_0921_1_.JPG

Whats up Zehama! Out of the hospitalLooking good m8, i am vegging too, just let them show you what they can do..no worries!

Wow!!! I woke up this morning and saw a couple of tiny little pistiIs on my smallest plants, none of the largest one so far but I have the day off again so I am going to monitoring there growth today, hopefully more hairs grow!

I am pretty sure the little white hairs that grew over night are the pistils!!! Which I believe is a sign of the Flowering stage starting. I read that some people do a 12/12 lighting in the flowering stage. Should I move my lighting schedule or keep it 24/7 on?
Picture will be coming soon!!

Hey guys, I think one of my plants has finished way earlier then the others. The others are nice and large, with nice big buds with lots of white curly hairs. However this plant is short, has barley any buds and all the curly little hairs have curled in and turned orange. Should i start my harvest? Its been about two weeks since i have noticed that there has been no changes. The plant also barley drinks any water and some of the fan leaves have started to fall off. The other plants i need to water twice a day almost as the soil gets dry up to my first knuckle.

Thoughts? (Sorry about the rambling im pretty baked)

file2.jpeg
file11.jpeg
file2.jpeg
file5.jpeg
file4.jpeg
file3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom