Ziggy Marley Launches 'Marijuanaman' with Berkeley's Image Comics

Grammy Award-winning musician Ziggy Marley is adding another title to his already impressive resume: comic book author. The first issue of Ziggy's book, Marijuanaman, doesn't hit store shelves till April 20, 2011, but Ziggy will make an appearance at Comic-Con International on Saturday, July 24, signing Marijuanaman posters with Berkeley publisher Image Comics from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Reggae icon Ziggy Marley has won five Grammys and released eight best-selling albums with hits like "Tomorrow People" and "Tumbling Down." Second solo album, Love Is My Religion, won a 2006 Grammy for Best Reggae Album while third solo release, Family Time, earned him a Grammy for Best Musical Album for Children.

"Ziggy's new superhero, Marijuanaman, is from a planet that is in desperate need of THC. Marijuanaman seeks to save Earth's marijuana fields from destruction by the drug company PharmeXon, and thus saving his home planet from destruction."

"I have been reading comics since I was a little boy in Jamaica," Ziggy states. "I am very excited to be a part of Image Comics, Comic-Con, and the comic book community."

Image Comics was founded in 1992 by a collective of best-selling artists and is among the largest comics publishers in the United States. Their top-notch, adults-oriented series Walking Dead is being made into a cable television show.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: East Bay Express
Author: David Downs
Copyright: 2010 East Bay Express
Website: Ziggy Marley Launches 'Marijuanaman' with Berkeley's Image Comics

Back
Top Bottom