Short notice DT - need some help and advice please!

PanicMode

Hello -

great site and great insight from everyone. I have been a regular user for 10 years or so with intermittent 2 week to 6 month breaks for job searches or vacations, etc.. but have been regularly using for the past 2 years. Am overweight at this point and have not had much physical activity within the past year because of work and other life stressors.

I recently received an offer to interview for a great position close to home and stopped smoking when I went in for the first interview and briefly stopped but did not hear back so after a week plus, started back up. I received an invite for a second interview last week and immediately stopped as I felt it was becoming serious but was unsure of their testing policy. I immediately started with heavy cardio and hydration. I received a call back one week later with an offer and was advised that I needed to complete a screening within 48 hours of accepting. I was scheduled for a business trip so I was able to buy an additional 7-10 days with the weekend. I am worried this is not enough time to cleanse my system or properly dilute. I am currently on day 9/10 of not using and will probably be around day 16/17 day of the test. It appears that the company uses A-check but I could not locate any near me and when checking their website noticed that their partners are Quest and Labcorp along with various others so it is most likely one of the two big ones.

Obviously best method is to just stop for several months and be stress free during a time like this, which I have done in the past but sometimes it does not work out that way.

I am able to obtain a clean sample but have never imagined of going through something like this and am freaking out to say the least.

I believe my options at this point are:

Dilution - don't feel that this would work for me as I have purchased and taken several at home tests with varying results and none with a solid negative. I plan on retesting early to mid next week to see where it stands.

Substitution - I have purchased hand warmers, clean travel 3 oz bottles and would use the clean specimen that would be refrigerated overnight. I have read the methods and will have to practice using test runs over the weekend.

Substitution wizclear - I purchased a wizclear belt device that comes with sticky hand warmers and can be filled using the clean specimen but would be worried about temperature variances and any kind of pat down check. The temperature is not regulated and the belt is a bit tight although I have velcro extensions. I would use a clean sample with this device. Has anyone had any experience with this device? Are there any potential issues other than temperature?

Substitution urinator - I also placed an order for a urinator device that should arrive in the next day or so. It is a device that takes a couple of 9 volt batteries and supposedly regulates the temperature. My concern is with the bulk of the device and placement. In the video they state it is about the size of a checkbook although it looks bigger and contains two 9 volts as mentioned. I assume I would have to tape it to my inner thigh region as I am not sure it will fit in the crotch area without looking weird. I would use a clean sample with this device. Has anyone had any experience with this device? I have heard there may be an issue with the chip giving out and the temperature not working. I would like to test with it several times but do not want to risk burning it out. Will the bulk be noticeable (I will find this out myself I suppose)?

I am not sure of the pat-down or jumping requirements I have read in some posts. As this is a pre-employment screening I do not believe a pat down will be required but have not been able to find anything definitive on the net. The last test I took was 8 years ago and I was clean and clear and I recall just being in a restroom by myself.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Sorry about the long post, as my name suggests I am in panic mode.

Thanks.

Sounds like all are good choices, you've done your homework.
Subbing is definitely going to be your best bet.There is also real powdered urine out there that will pass any test.
I've never had to use the hand warmers when I've taken my tests. I just nuke the bottle for 10 seconds and stuff it behind my nuts. Its always stayed in the proper range of temp for me for a couple of hours.
If the temp happens to be a tad low when you pour it into the collection cup just rub your thumb for a few seconds on your pants and hold it to them temp strip for a few seconds, when it says 98 degrees walk out of the bathroom. If its a little too hot just blow on it till its in range.

Thanks for the reassurance. At this point after some early testing, I think the whizclear belt is out. It sits outside of an area that would better insulate and relies solely on hand warmers - also the belt may be prone to sticking out or being obvious. After a 30 minute test, the water temperature was down around 93. The urinator seems to be working but will have to work on the placement with some ace self adhesive bandages/compression underwear and vertical vs. horizontal placement. As a back up plan, I am considering bringing a handwarmer tucked elsewhere to help warm up the cup in case the urinator comes out too low but early testing indicated around 96 after 90 minutes. Havent practiced too much with the simple tuck option since I am having a hard time finding a proper 3-4oz bottle that will fit.

Hoping that the urinator works as it gives the best stability it seems. Will post results as they come.

This is all so stupid but I wont get into a political rant....

Its all part of the game of regular people against the rich folks. They think because you smoked a joint on the weekends you're a heretic.
Been playing the game for over 20 years and thats exactly how I approach it, just a game, never lost yet. lol

Back
Top Bottom