Super Lemon Haze - Indoor First Grow

djraven86

Hi everyone, this is my first ever grow.
I decided to create a journal since i have no experience in growing and thought this community might be able to help me get things right.

So I bought the seeds on one of my trips to amsterdam. I was actually having a smoke in Greenhouse Coffee shop and decided to buy some seeds to take them back with me. Whilst i was in GreenHouse, i tried pretty much every single hash/Weed they had.
My favourite Hash was : OG KUSH CREAM but that stuff is quite potent and expensive.
My favourite weed was : SUPER LEMON HAZE.

Where i currently live ( Would prefer not to say ) , there are no garden shops/Grow Shops. So its pretty impossible to find any grow kits or equipment at all, thats where i started improvising :tommy:

So Let me start by telling you a bit about my setup and how i improvised:

Grow Room : Laundry Room - 2 Meters X 2 Meters ( 6.5 ft X 6.5 ft )
Ventilation : 1 exhaust fan on the top of the ceiling + Portable AC getting air into the room
Lighting: 4 X 150 Watts Metal Halide Flood Lights i bought from hardware store
Containers: 8 Gallon pots
Soil : Some Basic soil i found at florist shop
Temp/Humidity Control : I got a portable AC that i placed in the room along with a humidifier/Air purifier that i already had at home
Light fixtures: Lights placed on a Clothes rack bought from IKEA

PS : the clothes rack has a track on each side of the poles and can be raised all the way up to 7 ft ;)
So when the plants grow i can raise the light.
I also placed the pots on 2 other pots that i will remove later as the plant grows bigger

These are grown from Feminized seeds.
I germinated in a paper towel and then planted directly into those huge pots since i don't have experience in transplanting.

Humidity is at 55% and i can control it to get it up or down.
Temperature in the room is 26 C (78.8 F) on average

Close up of my ladies

Looking Good man like to see them grow big and strong!

Looking Good man like to see them grow big and strong!

Thanks man :) was just checking out your OG and NL grows ! wow theyre looking awesome and i gotta say you got some engineering skills right there !

I need some Advice with the following :

* Should i top them later on or not
* Is my soil good or bad ?
* I've been looking for nutes but all i can find is a 20-20-20 Powder. Will that be sufficient ?
* I can't seem to find any HPS lights around here. What can i do when it comes to flowering phase ? Can i flower with my current setup ?

Hey,

Those seedlings look strong and healthy! Nice work so far.
I'm a big fan of SLH.

I haven't topped SLH yet, you could maybe start to train them if you have the time and space.
SLH will grow tall fast if you don't train it, so you might want to do something to make the best use of your space.

As for your questions...
If your plants are growing and not dying in the soil, it's good soil in my opinion.
I'm not sure what to suggest for nutes. Your 20-20-20 will probably be fine. I use the General Hydroponics GO box...
It looks like your soil has some nutrients to start with, so watch for when the leaves start to yellow before feeding.

You can flower with those lights. Just make sure they get at least 12 hours a day of uninterrupted total darkness(12on/12off light schedule).

Good Luck and Enjoy!:peace:

Lot of techniques you can use to keep them lil shorter and promote more growths. i would wait till they are lil taller/stronger before bending, or tieing down with LST (low stress training) <-- look up it will help explain, soil looks fine only thing i might by for it is perlite (lil white rocks), and if you just planted then you arnt going to see a ton of growth for week or so, so be patient! : ) you should be ok with nutes for a bit, soil has alot in them. look for a kit to start with, blue planet and general hydro are good starter nutes and have lots of diffrent things you can add on down the road if you want, other option is to get a all in one nute so you dont have to mesure as often : )

Look online for lights, HPS shouldnt be hard to find, if you go to a grow store they can special order for you so you dont have to have them sent to ur house and everyone see them show up on front door lol

nosy neighbors :trance::bitingnails::rollingeyes:

Thanks For the Info Scopopulus and JLT .
Been watching some videos and tutorials on LST, i think it will be my preferred method as i would like to be able to control the height and make my ladies grow horizontally .
As for the Nutes and lighting , i think it will be a bit hard for me to order anything to where i am at but i was thinking of maybe adding CFLs to the mix when i start flowering . That would help right ?

Will give it a week for some growth and then start LSTing and will keep you guys posted with new photos soon :)
I appreciate your help with all this, i am glad i got experienced growers on My side !

Week 2 SLH Vegetation - From Seed

Quick update : I have now removed the pots below my original pots to increase the distance between the lights and the soil as i felt like the soil and the plants are getting hot from the lights.

I bought these lights for the equivalent of 20$ per light. which seems to be very cheap for a 150Watt MH, but due to that, i think they generate tons of heat because of the low quality and they pretty much heat up the whole room !

Now that the plants have been lowered down, temps are under control but i am affraid they will start stretching now !

if you look at the photos, you will notice how low in terms of vertical growth they have gone and i think thats a pretty good thing, but id rather them go a bit taller than burn them out with the heat.

* How long more do you guys think i should go before i start doing some LST ?
* When shall i start feeding ?

Here are the latest photos. They have grown a bit since the last few days and still looking strong :)

WP_20130411_011.jpg
WP_20130411_007.jpg
WP_20130411_006.jpg
WP_20130411_005.jpg
WP_20130411_003.jpg
WP_20130411_002.jpg

your plants have a nice green colour right now. i would not feed till you find the edges of your leaves yellowing. soon gardening and hardware store will get in their nutrients i suggest you look around for a bloom or flowering mix as well. your plants look small to start LST them now. subscribed

Wouldnt worry about nutes or bloom stuff for a bit, if you get anything atm get a simple A&B grow nute, your going to notice them start to get a light green look on the INSIDE of the leafs and thats how you will know when to feed them, if you want to you could start doing lst now acually, i would use a paper clip and hook around the highest node you can wrap the clip around then pull SLOWLY so you dont break, down and have it almost arch/bend at 90 degrees, if you snap on accedent, DONT FREAK, its ok if you have it connected still, just prop it back up with somethting and it will men itself, these are pretty strong atm i snaped a week old seedling on accedent and was able to mend it and its growing like a boss atm.

Keep it up man and brows around lst treads for more info

LST @ Week 2 Vegetation

Thanks JLT and KingJohnC.
I decided to start LST Today as i noticed the plant is at good height for it.

JLT i though the paper clip idea was great, But as i was looking for one, look at what i found ! i had some pipe cleaner rods that are bendable and they are also coated with Cotton :) how awesome is that !

So i started bending the plant nice and slowly and then i buried the rod into the soil and clamped it to the main stem, i also left about an inch from the clamp to the top to give it some room to bend back towards the light.

So far i have only done plant 1 and below are the photos :) looks good ?

for plant 2 i was thinking about topping it, then after getting the new 2 main branches. i would lst those 2 to make a T shape, what are your thoughts on that ?
WP_20130412_005.jpg
WP_20130411_016.jpg
WP_20130412_002.jpg
WP_20130412_003.jpg

your plants have a nice green colour right now. i would not feed till you find the edges of your leaves yellowing. soon gardening and hardware store will get in their nutrients i suggest you look around for a bloom or flowering mix as well. your plants look small to start LST them now. subscribed

Thanks for subscribing dude, even though its my first time growing, i am a perfectionist , so i am planning on doing things right and trying to get the highest yield possible from these plants.

Re: LST @ Week 2 Vegetation

Thanks JLT and KingJohnC.
I decided to start LST Today as i noticed the plant is at good height for it.

JLT i though the paper clip idea was great, But as i was looking for one, look at what i found ! i had some pipe cleaner rods that are bendable and they are also coated with Cotton :) how awesome is that !

So i started bending the plant nice and slowly and then i buried the rod into the soil and clamped it to the main stem, i also left about an inch from the clamp to the top to give it some room to bend back towards the light.

So far i have only done plant 1 and below are the photos :) looks good ?

for plant 2 i was thinking about topping it, then after getting the new 2 main branches. i would lst those 2 to make a T shape, what are your thoughts on that ?
WP_20130412_003.jpg

yha man right on, see the node that is in the bottom? now that bad boy is going to shoot up and make you another branch to stack nodes on : P, later on u want to let the branch you bent up and tie the two together, then do it agian, that would be badd ass lol

LST - Results after 2 days !

So i started LST 2 days ago
I noticed that the plant bent the main branch back to the top and this gave alot of room for the little side branches to grow big and strong !

Only took 2 days to see crazy results. The plant is loving this and going really bushy and those side branches are going massive in just 48 hours ! I never expected this to happen to be honest.

I can also see at least 4 tops that are developing from the side branching.

after seeing those results , i immediately went and started doing LST on my other lady
I will be posting more clear photos in the next few days as i am going away from town for 2 days.

Below are few pics of the results..
Look at the view from the top ! crazy for this to happen in just 2 days ! i am amazed really

WP_20130414_005.jpg
WP_20130414_003.jpg
WP_20130414_001.jpg

Let me know if you have any comments

Looking really good. Nice low stress training!

I'm subbed, +reps.

Cheers Mono :) Appreciated ! Ill be posting more photos soon, but so far this is going really good for a first time grow.
Hope it keeps going upwards from here on..

Just saw your Current grow, looking great and seems like you got good experience with LST. Might be asking you few questions down the line mate. Thanks for subscribing

Cheers Mono :) Appreciated ! Ill be posting more photos soon, but so far this is going really good for a first time grow.
Hope it keeps going upwards from here on..

Just saw your Current grow, looking great and seems like you got good experience with LST. Might be asking you few questions down the line mate. Thanks for subscribing

Your welcome! :)

You are doing really well for a first time grow. I'm happy to answer any questions you have (if I can lol) Can't wait to see the little plant grow.

Back
Top Bottom