First Time Grower - Lemon Haze - Bag Seed - 225W CFL - Closet Grow

your guides were very insightful thank you for sharing them the second grow will go great I know it right now I have 300W and started buying water with a solid PH of 7 (Here where I live water is treated a lot so i think the PH levels are quite wacky)

IMG_20160904_123618.jpg

any suggestions should I harvest now and try and save the little bud i have or let it go for another week or so?

Arnie I enjoyed looking through your grow. I am on my second/third grow right now and can I promise you two things, that you still have a lot to learn and that you will still learn a lot. My first grow was not great but I learned a lot and did get something out of it. Based on my learning curve I do have a couple suggestions for you.

1. PH! For all of the money you might spend on nutes, you are basically dumping them down the drain if you don't evolve some way to check ph. Plants can only take up nutes in certain ph ranges. For instance my tap water comes out at 8.7 and at 1/4 strength the buffers in the nutes I use simply aren't strong enough to get down to the range I want (6.5 or so). They aren't cheap but a digital ph meter will really help. Save on the nutes, and put the money into that if you ask me.

2. Train, train train. You plants don't seem to be aligned well with your space limitations. I see tall and lanky and stretched out ladies. Seeing as you have space and light limitations you really need to at least be LST'ing the girls if not combining topping and LST. I have used this myself and it really allowed me to take full advantage of the light and space I have by growing a full canopy and minimizing the distance between the light and the lower plant leaves.

3. Live and Learn! - You are nailing this one. Mistakes are opportunities to learn, at least in my experience. Every time I mess up I get pretty upset with myself and anxious about what I have done but after a week or two it is easy to see that those mistakes are not the end of the world and that they have provided the chance to learn about this hobby. and there is a lot to learn about this hobby!

In regards to the harvest or not questions, I don't have much experience with Sativas so will hold back on the advice there but I will say that I see a lot of white hairs still. I think you usually want to wait until most of the hairs are red (dying back) before going after it. The top of the bud also looks pretty loose and light. It would be ideal to get some more mass on it before cutting.

Anyway, those are my two cents. I look forward to following this one through to the end and seeing how it goes. Rest assured your future grows will be more successful if you are willing to learn and adjust!

Have you confirmed root rot... Did you pull the root ball out of the pot to check? If that's the case, there's not much you can do. Definitely don't rip out the rotting roots. I'd wait it out. If she looks like nothing is happening she might be dead, give it a few days. How are the leaves looking if any?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The roots are yellow most of the leaves fell of with the exception of the small sugar leaves still green and healthy the bud has seemed to grow a bit I will post a pic for you guys in a sec
by the way I am on DAY #54 of flowering

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom