Haze Xtreme - 75W Mixed CFL - Soil - Speaker Box - Grow

EventHorizon

Haze-Xtreme-Inside.jpg

20150812_194637_1_.jpg
20150814_225622_1_.jpg

So I decided to get my reflective foil charcoal filter fan based speaker box going again with some haze xtreme by crop king seeds. I'll grow the plants veg cycle under 75w mixed spectrum cfl and flower under a 100w 2700k cfl.

Mainly I want to show people you can grow competitive bud under really low wattage if you do it right.

Thanks for tuning in!!

Both my seeds cracked open this morning. I'll let it germinate for another few days to get a nice taproot growing on it.

20151215_212855_1_.jpg

Sorry about not getting a pic of the cracked seeds up earlier... but here it is. Again, I'll leave it germinating for another couple days before trans-planting it into a couple small pots of Miracle Grow.

20151217_112759_1_.jpg

20151217_140747_1_.jpg

I ended up trans-planting those seedlings into the speaker box today. I've been kind of watching the temperature on the box since my last seedling dried out on me.. I'm also really starting to learn the importance of running fans on a small box as well.

20151219_112616_1_.jpg

Today marks veg day 1 as the starter leaves are now showing on each plant.

20151219_112850_1_.jpg

I decided to go with a 69w total
2 x 23w 5000K CFLs
1 x 23w 2700K CFL
I decided to try the 5000K over the 6500K just to see what happens. So far I assume it will cause a bit of stretching.

IMG_20151223_133236.jpg

I noticed on one of my plants.. the starter set has 3 leaves instead of just 1. I don't know if this is because of the lower K rating in the CFLs, the mixed soil, or if it means the plant is male or something? I don't know. Figured it's kind of rare so I took a picture of it.

Mine are regular; I'm guessing you have feminized. Interesting first true leaves. She's not messing around with kindergarten she's ready for high school.

Nope, they're regular as well.

Yeah I don't know exactly what is up... my only suspicion is that it could be a male.

IMG_20151230_140525.jpg

I ended up topping the plants today at only 11 days veg (about a week and a half old)... they've been growing quite well even under the low wattage.

IMG_20160105_120307.jpg

Today is veg day 17. I trimmed off all the fan leaves to make a bit of room while the plants are small. Everything seems to be growing happily.. lol.

IMG_20160108_131112.jpg

Today is veg day 20... by the looks of things, I'll be flowering sooner than expected.

Hey EventHorizon your Haze Xtreme plants are looking real good. They have that Sativa look to them. I wonder how tall they would grow if unchecked. They certainly look like they're stretching. I'll get a chance to find out when I start mine although my present grow will probably take me into summer.

I checked out your other journals and am wondering if you might be over watering. It's hard to know from looking at pictures but the soil always looks damp. I find cannabis benefits greatly by being allowed to dry out between waterings. The roots need air to thrive. So what I do is to lift the pot to see how light it is. If it's heavy - no water. When it's light enough I water. If you lift them every day you'll get a feel for when they are dry and need a good watering. Probably the most common problem gardeners have is loving their plants to death by overwatering and/or over-feeding. If any of this is useful for you then great. Only trying to help. I'd like to see you harvest some extreme Haze Xtreme.:cheer:

I checked out your other journals and am wondering if you might be over watering. It's hard to know from looking at pictures but the soil always looks damp. I find cannabis benefits greatly by being allowed to dry out between waterings. The roots need air to thrive. So what I do is to lift the pot to see how light it is. If it's heavy - no water. When it's light enough I water.

I'm not too sure... usually I tell by if the dirt feels moist or not. As soon as it feels like there's no water content, I water it.

Usually I take photos around the same time or shortly after I water since I'm playing around with the plants. But I've had no reason to assume over-watering simply because the leaves haven't shown it. idk honestly...

IMG_20160109_120132.jpg

IMG_20160109_120143.jpg

I topped my taller plant again today to try to get the shorter plant to catch up in some height. This is the first time I've ever double-topped a plant.

I moved my plants to my flowering grow tent the other day... still no signs of sex yet.

1453493489286629409487.jpg

Today is day 36.. so I've been doing a force flower trying to keep this plant small. I've seen this strain get over 9 feet topped.

I transplanted it to a larger pot and the leaves have already stopped wilting from the shock.

I'm not really a fan of the haze xtreme tbh... I ended up giving away one of the plants.

1453493489286629409487.jpg

Today is day 36.. so I've been doing a force flower trying to keep this plant small. I've seen this strain get over 9 feet topped.

I transplanted it to a larger pot and the leaves have already stopped wilting from the shock.

I'm not really a fan of the haze xtreme tbh... I ended up giving away one of the plants.

Hey Event! I too was checking out your other grows and really want to see you harvest also.... Do you still have the other one flowering??

Hey Event! I too was checking out your other grows and really want to see you harvest also.... Do you still have the other one flowering??

Yes, you can check it out by clicking on the "Barbara Bud" link in my signature below.

I have a crappy camera right now but I'll take a new photo of her soon.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom