AutoFlower grow

cabowabo

I'm a month into my first AF grow. 3 Auto Osirus, 2 Bio Diesel and 1 Berry Ryder. Things are progressing nicely. The Osirus are responding amazingly. At 4 weeks we're just over a foot tall. I did a bit of research before getting started which I will share here.
First off, AutoFlower strains can be very potent if cared for, fed properly and grown correctly. OR, disregard the previous and grow sh*t.
***Important***
Light cycle is 24/0.

1. Germination - Soak your seeds in water for 24 hours in a warm, dark place. Remove, then place between several damp (not soaked) paper towels until tap root emerges. This may take a couple days but remember to keep the towels damp.
2. Plant - It's important to plant directly into your final containers. Skip the starter pots. AF's do not like stress a will thrive when planted correctly. Moisten your soil, DO NOT DRENCH the soil. Set tap root down into soil 1 to 1-1/2" in a 3gal pot (min). Cover the pots with Saran Wrap until sprouted.
3. Water - Every 4-6 days in the beginning. Water only when more than an inch down is dry. Increase watering as plants grow bigger. DO NOT over water. A wilting plant from lack of water is better than a drowning plant.
4. Lighting - Keep you lights about 2" above the top of the plants during the entire grow. Set up your lights on yoyo's or even small chain link in order to be able to adjust height. Do not forget, 24/0 on the light cycle. I'm utilizing 6- 4' fluorescent Grow Tubes. 1- 4 light fixture on top and a 2 light fixture on the side.
5. Fertilizer - NO nutrients for atleast week 6 or 7. Your choice of nutrients may vary. Introduce fert. slowly at first at reduced dosage and remember to mix in distilled water at room temp.
Week 6 - 1/2 Dose Bio-Grow
Week 7 - 1/4 dose Tiger Bloom / 1 dose Bio Bloom / 1 tbl spn Blackstrap molasses (unsulfered).
Week 8 - 1/2 dose Tiger Bloom / 1 dose Bio Bloom / 1 tbl spn Blackstrap molasses.
Week 9 - 2 tbl spn molasses.
Week 10 - Flush, Flush, Flush no further nutrients until harvest, just water when needed until harvest.
6. 2 days before harvest, shut off lights, enclose plants and keep dark, this will aide in the final dankness.
7. Harvest and reap your rewards.

I hope this helps some of you out there looking to experiment with AF's.

Hey, thanks for all the tips .......:peace:

I haven't done a AF grow yet... soon I think. Potency is very subjective-- I need to get over growing a strain that has half of its cannabinoids muddled by the Ruderalis influence. JMO... but I do like the fast times to finish, & from what i've read-- easier than reg seeds to grow...

I'm going to keep this post updated with my experience during this grow. Right now, the 3 strains I have going are supposed to be between 16 & 20% on the THC. Although the yield is lower, I'm expecting 1-2 oz per plant and if my research serves me well, I should be happy with the results. I'm not going to have high expectations, especially since its my 1st AF grow, but, things are progressing pretty damn good. I know my 1st 2 Osirus are on target for the 10-12 week harvest time as noted in the strain bio. Will see what happens.

Ok, finally got some pictures up of the grow.
I start my first feeding this week on the 2 big Osirus which are growing at an amazing rate. Took a 3" spurt from Friday afternoon to last night. 3" in 30 hours. Had to build a shelf for the smaller ones in order to keep them closer to the lights because the 2 larger ones are growing so much faster and I have to keep raising the lights for those two but I think everything is still on a good course. Look for the pics under Cannabis Plants - Keyword search - AF, Autoflower, Auto Osirus, Auto Bio Diesel, Auto Berry Ryder or photos by "cabowabo"

I posted some more pics of my now 6 week old Osirus 1(22") & 2(28") and Bio Diesel 1(10") (she's lagging behind but...). My 5 week old Osirus 3(14") and Bio Diesel 2(14") and my 2 1/2 week old Berry Ryder (8").

I see you give them 24/0 light cycle, is it the best? I have read that a bit off dark period can produce better results, but have not seen a side by side comparison of different light cycle cycle grows.
I grow autos on 20/4 or 18/6 but haven't done 24/0

As far as full light 24 hours a day, they seem to be doing quite well. I had taken the advice from another Auto grower and he's on a 10 week harvest cycle running 24/0 getting almost 2 oz per 12" plant. I suppose they could do with a little darkness but why? Genetically they thrive for such a short period and to give them as much light for growing as possible. My second grow with AF's I'll try maybe an 18/6 or 20/4. One thing about going 24/0, you won't get the spikes when the timer kicks the lights on and off.

"Genetically they thrive for such a short period and to give them as much light for growing as possible. " this is a good point, haven't thought about it in this way!

I've posted some more pics, here's a couple to show how things are going.
I'm into week 8 on Osirus 1 & 2 and Bio Diesel 1 - Bio 1 is finally coming into it's own but well behind. You can see from the pics that O 1 & 2 are doing nicely.
I'm into week 7 on Osirus 3 and Bio Diesel 2 with a nice collection of buds coming along. A week behind Bio 1 and they're bigger.
My Berry Ryder is in it's 5th week and looking good. She gets her first feeding next week.
I have burnt a couple leaves here and there but no adverse reaction from the girls. Even trimmed some of the new lower growth but not too much, don't need to over stress them especially since they do not respond well to stressing.
It's been a struggle to keep the temp just right (between 65-75) in the tent, been averaging 77-82 but keeping the humidity below 60% which helps. Have a little cool weather this week and temps have been around 72-76 with humidity near 40% but that will change next week when we climb back into the 80's for outside temps.
Just upgraded to an 8" exhaust fan for my scrubber, the 4" just wasn't cutting it any longer. I may use the 4" for forced fresh air but not until I start my next grow. I need to expand the tent and will modify it then. It's cramped with 6 in it now.
Still running the lights 24 hours a day and looking good for harvest in 4 more weeks on Osirus 1 & 2. Will see, I'm in no rush and if I have to let them go a couple more weeks to fill out, no biggie.
420 Magazine
420 Magazine
420 Magazine

Have a look at 8/9 weeks.....
AFG_055.png

AFG_054.jpg

AFG_053.jpg

AFG_052.jpg

AFG_051.jpg

AFG_050.png

AFG_049.jpg

AFG_048.jpg

Ok, I've just harvested my first 2 Auto Osirus. They look sooooo yummy!:yummy:
so, in retrospect - 12 weeks from sow to harvest.
AFG_071.png
AFG_069.png
AFG_068.png
AFG_064.jpg
AFG_062.jpg
AFG_060.png
AFG_059.png
AFG_057.jpg

Can you give me a message or help as i thought the plant feeds in the dark period then giving it a rest etc,many say 18hrs lights with autos is best? I keep putting 1st grow off & want to get things straight in my mind with grow schedule etc.I only want to grow a sweet dwarf like the blue mystic or LR1 with mayb L.S.T or scrog but want to explain my setup to a helper out there,.

Hey Cypress, I can't yet send a private message until I reach 50 posts.
So, I'll try to help out here as much I can.

The information I've posted at the beginning of the thread came from someone that has completed several grows with AF's.
He has experimented with light cycles, soils and nutrients.
What I have listed is his formula to a successful AF grow.

Fox farms soil was his choice, I went with a mix of miracle grow moisture control, regular miracle grow potting soil and perilite.
Just need to be careful when feeding because the MG soil already has nuets in it.
Although my use of MG turn out fine, I started to burn some leaves when I started feeding.

Lights are your choice. Because I was going with a 24/0 cycle, I chose to go with CFL's. A LOT less energy usage.
I ran a 4 bulb 4' strip on the top with a 2 bulb 4' strip on the side. I should have put all 6 bulbs on top. My girls got a little stringy on top due to the strip on the side. I thought I could enhance the lower growth but didn't expect the effect it had on the tops.

Back
Top Bottom