AutoFlower Info Blog

PetFlora

I started this blog to separate the hype from reality as it relates to what is known about AF seeds so far.

Hopefully this will become the place to find the latest info on AF seeds. Your knowledge from personal experience is welcome.

I bought into the AF hype, but my F-2 Low Ryder-BubbleX perform have not performed as advertised. My seeds are supposed to get to 24-30" and harvest around 75 days. I cannot get the seller to respond, so I have been winging it. Seldom a good idea. with all the missteps I made, I am surprised 2 plants are still growing. I started them under a UFO 90 LED, but after month put them under a Quantum T5 Bad Boy. At 2 full months the largest is 9+, but now growing over an inch a day, no doubt a result of 4Xs more light. Thankfully I came across a few other journalists who are working with AFs, too. I invite you/them to contribute.

Let's do this thing:morenutes:

What is optimum amount of light time... 18/6 throughout... should light drop to 12/12 in bud?

I found this on another site, which has an AF section:

Also with Smart Meters coming into many electrical systems from various providers across the country it makes sense to be able to evade the tell tale "12 - 12" light cycle switching that draws large current spikes when using HID lighting and could lead to being detected by LEO. By having an auto strain that will fully flower and produce under a non-standard light cycle like a 18/6, 20/4 or even a straight 24 hours light always on you can beat the cycle & spike signature that would usually be considered evidence of a Cannabis grow so it makes alot of sense from a security angle.

Finding AF cycle time info is like searching for a needle in a hay stack, but I finally came across this: Lowryder was developed for extreme rapid growth (8-9 weeks from seed to bud!), uniquely short height (will grow no taller than 12 in!), and amazing versatility. Passing directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, Lowryder altogether does away with the vegetative growth stage. In other words, you plant it, it sprouts, grows a set of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering. As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most easily concealed plant available. Indoors, Lowryder completely eliminates the need to induce flowering by reduction of day-light hours; indeed, it eliminates the need for a timer, period. Yes, it will grow consistently well and finish under 24 hours of light, from sprouting to harvest, in eight weeks. You can achieve similar results with 18 or 12 hours of light per day, if you like to give your room time to cool down, for example - 18 hours straight through until harvest is recommended. The point is, with Lowryder, there is no need for a change in the light period to induce flowering, nor is it necessary to have separate vegetative and flowering rooms.

My light slipped and crashed on top of my plant, severing 3". I tried to heal it, but the tear was too broad. Although the top did not survive, the plant is responding by sending 2 new tops.

Since this AF strain is 18-24" cola, I may have accidentally found a way to increase the yield. Of course this is not a new technique, but I have not seen anyone growing AFs doing it

I read the Joint Doctor interview in Jan Skunk mag. He says to use 20/4 with low Ryder.

Since my strain is Low Ryder #2 X Bubblicious I am going to switch from 18/6, where I have been getting excellent growth, but budding is dragging. Hopefully more light will solve that.

(XWWX) dropped back to 12/12 and then they took off. I will monitor what 20/4 does for a few days. If I don't see more calyx development I'll follow that logic and drop to 12/12.

For those who don't know I have another journal here, if you subscribe to both, you will see this reposted.

hth

Wow, looks like everyone on 420 already know all they need to about AF's huh pet? :grinjoint:

I have very few answers but I am running some Jock Horror Auto's that should finish in the next couple of weeks and have started 3 Afgan Kush Ryders and 1 dynafem Road Runner....All 4 of them are only about 9 days from seed but looking good. I will try them at 20/4 to start but if I don't see much by week 6 I'll have no problem switching to 12/12.....I just skip 18/6 because really, whats the point? They are not going to be huge plants and we have them for one reason....the fill our needs and for the most part we picked them for their short harvest period.

My JH Auto's never flowered until after 9 weeks on 20/4 I switched to 12/12....that did the trick and they took off!! They will be above average yielders for AF's for sure.

I don't remember where I read this but it kind of made sense to me so I'll throw it out here....but take it for what it's worth. I read that there should really be two different classifications for AF's...Those with short VEG period's of 3-5 weeks (time it takes to start flowering) and those AF's that have a longer veg period of 7-9 weeks.

At any point your correct petflora, info on them is very hard to come by. I would love to see a thread on this site much like the infamous "Hempy" thread....A thread where those of us who have some AF beans to grow out can come for some info/insight....But then again, I'm kind of a dreamer.

peace and harvests to all.....

We do this to limit members making signatures too long. It's no fun having to scroll through a foot long signature when reading threads, especially if that member has a high post count. ;)
SIGH! I tried to add this to my signature, but get...

Your signature cannot be longer than 420 characters excluding BB code markup..

This is the second time this has happened. What is up with this?

I have an AF seed that was given to me free that I'm curious about (never grown one). I'm hoping you can come up with some good overall info and tips - I feel like I learned a bunch just from what you have here already. :thanks:

I have an AF seed that was given to me free that I'm curious about (never grown one). I'm hoping you can come up with some good overall info and tips - I feel like I learned a bunch just from what you have here already. :thanks:

I've grown several AF's (LR2, Auto Hindu Kush and Auto Paki Ryder), and learned these things:

• No need to screw with 12/12 - just be patient. My Paki Ryder was 92 days from seed to chop, but she *did* eventually flower
  • Don't over fertilize. Its easy to think more is better, but it's not. I stuck with 1/4th to 3/4th strength nutes, raising the strength as the grew progressed
  • The more light the better. Since they're not light cycle dependent for flowering, as many hours of light as you can provide will increase your yield.

Hope this helps!

Forgot to mention my plants. The short one is developing roots much much faster than the bigger plant. Maybe because it had such a long way to go.

That said, the bigger one is not really developing the pompoms. Pompoms are essential to bud development, as it is they that feed the bud sites.

I am going to run with 20/4 for a couple days, if I don't see pompoms/calyxs developing, I will drop to 12/12.

I'm growing 1 AK47xlowryder#2 and it has been under 24 hours of light now since January 4th. I'm 32 days in and just this last 7days it has grown from 6" to 20". It is blowing my mind, but it is taller than I thought it would get already. I'm hoping to see it start budding soon. I just switched it to 20/4 tonight so who knows what will happen. 2 of the 3 seeds I got though didn't grow, the seeds popped open, grew a little 1/8th" root and never took off from that. I did start around 12 seeds so I know it wasn't the way I germinated them because the others all sprouted fine. I was wondering if I should top the plant or just let it go???I surely hope it stops growing up and starts going horizontal instead...I guess we will see.....I hope to see more info on AF soon also. I also just ordered some Pandora autos I hope do some good. Has anyone else grown the Pandora Autos???:party::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I will throw out there that I have topped auto's (Dinafem Haze Auto) succesfully during the first week of flower. I had been told it would not work and would kill the girl or stess her to hemie.....none of that. She looks as good as ever and has 2 main cola's.

I have also succesully taken a clone off of a Jock Horror Auto at about week 6...before it acutally started to flower. (the JH falls under the 7-9 week to auto flower) I have 3 more of the JH seeds and plan on doing it again with all of them. The clone didn't produce much weight obviously due to the predetermined flower cycle, but it did give me an extra 1/4 or so of very heady bud.

However, after the last 3 JH seeds, I will be done with auto's for the immediate future and starting in on my 40+ Sannie's seeds that are all regulars. The auto's were fun and easy and really gave me no problems....I just want more more yield and will have additional space in my grow room.

peace...

I don't want to jack your thread but... I was told that AF strains are not as potent. Is that true?

I don't want to jack your thread but... I was told that AF strains are not as potent. Is that true?

Not in my (albeit limited) experience. I grew a Big Bang Auto that yielded plenty and is some of the most potent I've grown. It was my first auto, but I've grown many standard plants. No potency decrease that I can discern, GREAT high, and really tasty. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom