Two chambers!

comedian

`Sup, fellow growers! I have a area of 2.6 wide, 3ft high, and 1.6ft deep (12.5 square ft.), and I'm wanting to make it a two chamber grow box!

I've read around quite a bit, and the conventional wisdom seems to be at least 18in high! This would give me roughly two 18in high chambers!

In you guys opinion, should I leave both chambers 18ins. or should I give each chamber a different height!?

Side note: with the added space of the shelf, one chamber would already be about an inch shorter (17ins)!

Edit:
Sorry, one more question!!!

Also, will I be needing two ballast since I now have two chambers, or will one ballast run both lights!? Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to electrical work! I've never messed with anything electrical, and I don't want to burn my house down!

Thanks, guys, and gals!

For that size chamber, I would suggest only growing 1 plant at a time, and I would not split it into 2 chambers.

36" total height. Now deduct the height of your pot. A 5 gallon pot is about 12-14" tall. So now you have about 24" of height left.

And since you've mentioned ballasts, I assume you're growing with HIDs, since fluorescent systems are typically all sold with built in ballasts and starters. So depending on your HID light, 400w needs 12" between the light and canopy, 600w needs 18" between the light and canopy, and 1000w needs 24" between the light and canopy.

So assuming you have the 400w version, you now have to deduct 12" again.

Leaving you with 12". Now deduct the height the light hangs down at the highest point, which will probably be around 6-8".

This leaves you with 4"-6" total plant height.

You could pull it off, but will need LEDs instead of HPS to reduce your heat buildup.

Like was suggested switch plan to one grow chamber. You can fig one nice plant in that area.

You could get away with 400w hid system as long as you have good air movement (exhaust and intake).

TOPLED is a sponsor they have an economical led panel for about 110$ that would run perfect in that space, if you wanna go LED. I recommend them cause I know their product works well.

I have 5 of the mars2 400w panels in a 5*5*7ft tent

Feel free to stop by my journal..

Look forward to seeing more posts from you!

Like was suggested switch plan to one grow chamber. You can fig one nice plant in that area.

You could get away with 400w hid system as long as you have good air movement (exhaust and intake).

TOPLED is a sponsor they have an economical led panel for about 110$ that would run perfect in that space, if you wanna go LED. I recommend them cause I know their product works well.

I have 5 of the mars2 400w panels in a 5*5*7ft tent

Feel free to stop by my journal..

Look forward to seeing more posts from you!

He needs more height to run an LED. For Veg the recommended distance is 18-24", minus the height of the pot, distance the light hangs down, etc.. and he's out of space.

For Flower, 12-18". That's 1/3-1/2 the total height right there. Minus 12" from the pot, and his plant can't get taller than about 12". And that's assuming the plant likes the LED. If the strain is sensitive to it, and needs more distance, he's out of luck and will need to scramble to find a solution before the plant dies.

400w HID requires 12" between the light and canopy. We have 24" left. Minus 12" for the pot, we have 12" left. Minus the thickness of the light, minus the distance the light hangs down from the top, and we have room for a plant that's only a few inches tall.

Taller cabinet is the best option IMO, or a CFL grow in this cabinet... But with CFLs, you will need good ventilation.

I missed the 3ft height

Hello friend, i have a space for building a closet with size : width - 0.7m, length 1.40m , height up to 2.00m / 20inch , 55inch , 78inch/. What will you suggest me to do with these space ? How many plants and with what led light can i grow ? Should i decreased the lenght ? Thank you !

Hello friend, i have a space for building a closet with size : width - 0.7m, length 1.40m , height up to 2.00m / 20inch , 55inch , 78inch/. What will you suggest me to do with these space ? How many plants and with what led light can i grow ? Should i decreased the lenght ? Thank you !

It helps to start a new topic to ask your question, so responses don't become confusing. For the height you have to work with, you can use any lighting system you want. HID or LED.

can you give me your mail or mp me to ask you couple more questions please. :)

My mail? Nope. PM can be used once you reach 50 posts. Start a new topic as I suggested above, and ask all the questions you need.

Click this link and click the button at the top that says "Post new thread" Frequently Asked Questions

Back
Top Bottom