Marijuana in Your Coffee: Café Mary Jane

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Coffee. Most people need it when they first wake up -- me included -- or as a midday jolt to help you through the day. I'm sure many of you feel the same, be it with coffee, tea -- or marijuana.

I myself am a purist and drink it black. (Coffee, that is.) I have a picture of myself at the age of 2, sitting on my grandparents' coffee table, holding my grandfather's mug up to my lips with a big grin. I wasn't actually drinking it back then, but I was always allowed a sip from the spoon.

The other day, I called my Grammy, and she shared an interesting story about my grandfather's passing after enduring stomach cancer and wilting down from a 6'2" healthy farmer, to a frail 120 lb frame of a man. She said that they had tried to give him capsules of marijuana to help stimulate his appetite, but he was too far gone by then.

Hence, my recipe for a café au laît, or as what I prefer to call it, Café Mary Jane....You may substitute tea for coffee if you prefer.

The key to this recipe is figuring out how much marijuana to add to the milk. You don't want want to make more of this mixture than you are going to need, since once you've heated the milk, I would not recommend heating it again the next day, or the day after.

Since a café au laît is simply coffee with steamed milk, if you are preparing this for 1-2 people, keep the dosage low.

Get the recipe after the jump.

*Begin by grinding up 1-2 grams of marijuana

*pour 1/2- 1 cup of whole milk or bréve into a heavy bottom sauce pan

*stir in your marijuana, and keep on a low heat for at least 30 minutes, remember to not let it boil or scald the milk.

*using a fine mesh sieve, strain the marijuana from the milk.

(you can use this marijuana again to make a less potent version of canna butter)

*brew your coffee; fill your mug up halfway with coffee, and the rest with the milk. Add sugar or flavoring to taste.

Now that is the best part of waking up!

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: phoenixnewtimes.com
Author: Polly Cooper
Copyright: 2011 Phoenix New Times, LLC.

Amazing bro! Im a cook my self and love everything whit cannabis in it :) . Im have a harvest coming up and im gonna tray your coffee mary jane! Thanks for the post! Take care peace Jimmy

hmmm- maybe have to try wake'n brew instead of wake n bake. my only thoughts are that the milk or half n half won't disolve enough of the thc. i would have thought that you'd need a stronger organic solvent like using alcohol to make a tincture or even adding it to the drip filter so that the coffee bean oils transfer the thc

Local collective sells Marijuana Mocha mix...just add it to your coffee and you get the mocha flavor with the effects from the activated Cannabis. I'll be picking some up and reviewing it soon.

:peace:

Now you did it I am braking out the expresso machine I am going to try steaming in it on the bottom of the coffee I will try alittle tinture in there for good measure. If i reply soon it did not work if i reply much later it did work.

When I make my "special" milk, use the following:

2oz of shake corsely ground
2 cups of WHOLE milk

Since THC is not water soluble, you need to use whole milk or half and half with the higher fat content.

I rinse my shake in boiling water first to rinse off any dirt and to rinse off the "green" taste.

I then combine the rinsed shake with the milk and simmer for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn or scorch the milk.

I use a fine mesh strainer and strain the milk and squeeze out as much as I can from the shake. I discard the shake as there will be nothing left but green mush.

The milk will be a light green color. Let it cool completely then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla if you like. I store this in my fridge and it will last for about a week.

I now have "special milk" on hand to use in my coffee or any recipie that calls for milk. Great way to start the day!

I use a similar method for making cannabutter and I have another making for making cannaoil using either canola oil or extra virgin olive oil. My "peeps" love it when the "Mother Nature Baker" (my nickname) is cooking!

Good Luck! :goodluck:

hey bro sounds good . here's:smokin: something i learned a few weeks ago. i 've made ice hash for years , well a light came on and thought the left over water is it alive or what . i run my leaves through twice and took 2 pints of water and simmered it for 2 hours lost about 40 percent and tried it. i haven't felt this good for years my aruthic pain is so much better, been doing this for acouple weeks now and feel ten years younger never had this good of effect from eatables. so we have made up a few gallons . things are good. tea anyone lol

Goodmorning all. Besides living in pain I don't sleep for more than 3 hours at most at one time. So I am experimenting with making mmj tea. I don't use milk in my tea or coffee. Can I just simmer mj in water and if so for how long? Lets say I want 2 cups of tea. I am using trim off of the bud. How much water,trim and how long do I simmer? I tried just steeping it as you would regular tea for 10 minutes. The results are very little pain so far this morning but no added sleep time. Does simmering diminsh the effect of the THC or does it bring it out? Any advise would be helpful and appreciated.

freeze in baggy 2 ounces of shake put a gallon of cold water in in large pot put your shake in a metal strainer large one take a electic mixer and hold strainer in cold water enough that you can beat the shake in the cold water you will get some plant bits in the water but most should stay in strainer beat for 5 minutes. after that swirl the stainer around for a couple of minutes and remove. then simmer the water for about 2and half hours not boil simmer when about a third or more has simmered off let it cool and pour through cheese cloth to remove more settlement i take about 2 to 3 ounces a day with a little lime or lemon. you will have to play with it slightly for the amounts and times I bottle mine always have a small of amount of settlement in botton of 40 ounces and it works great for me good luck

Back
Top Bottom