Branches growing out of leaf stem - Anybody seen anything like this?

Blitzn420

I planted two different strains a while back to get a mother (Dutch treat x northern lights and a super silver haze) , had one bite the dust on me, but I'm not sure what one I ended up getting. Also it has a (what I would consider a mutation) , but I'm not that experienced, there are 1-2 branches that grow out of the leaf stem itself.
-Not complaining just curious how common it is.
It is a clone of a clone, off of the mother f1, she was mutated this way, but just didn't develop fully before it been stressed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. pics coming soon!

Can you provide any pics of this. I have a strain Berry Bomb, that has leaf deformities ie.. Missing leaf's, extra ones where there should not be. I contacted the place I got the seeds from. I then contqacted the original and was told they knew of this problem and asked I wanted to stabilize it. I will not be using it as breeding parents.

hope this helps!
photo_379.JPG
photo_2121.JPG
photo_1152.JPG

I agree weird. You mentioned she is a clone of a clone and the mother was this way.
You could always ask the breeder if you know who it is, or maybe the co-op.
I'm no expert, but i have heard that if stems or branching has been cut or scored
lightly that new growth will happen at that point. But with this, I'm stumped.

Good growing and stay green.

The two different seeds that I had were Dutch treat x northern lights and Super silver haze they were from east island seeds and green house seeds respectively, the prob is I had one die and I didn't have them marked so I need to identify it before I can contact the breeder.

[h=1]East Island Seeds - Dutch Treat x Northern Lights[/h]

haze14.jpg

Dutch Treat is the mother side of this cross. A 70% indica, she`s a strong, dark pot with sticky solid tops, a sweetly orange bite and a stimulant stone. The father, Northern Lights, is a potent, relaxing indica, prized by hybrid breeders for its stability and fast cycle. Thus the DT/NL cross appeals to indica fans and pragmatic gardeners. Even in its home region, the rainy coasts of British Columbia, DT x NL is productive and hardy. Once established, this plant`s rapid growth can be easily seen from one day to the next. DT x NL leaves are usually thin, and may turn purplish at ripening. Branches are bendy and may need to be tied up as the heavy buds can pull them down. Still, multi-branch plants are good yielders , producing many large, resinous tops. Dutch Treat x Northern Lights equals a potent and fairly alert indica high. The stone comes on quite slowly but strengthens to a full-on buzz that most people find functional when there is no heavy thinking required. However, this variety may also creep up to a couch-lock level, requiring a little time-out to recover a more social and functional state of mind. It can be a great aid to getting some restful time. DT x NL retains the fruity savor of its mother, with a distinct lean toward the citrus.

Flowering: Indoor 6-8 weeks; Outdoor early Sept
Height: 4-6 ft
Yield: Indoor 2 oz. per plant / Outdoor approx 5oz. pr plant

..................................................................................................

[h=1]Green House Seeds - Super Silver Haze[/h]Awards: 1st prize HTCC 1997, 1998 and 1999.

East_Island_Seeds_-_Dutch_Treat_x_Northern_Lights_thumb.jpg

Super Silver Haze (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam
Genetics: Skunk, Northern Lights, Haze.

Effect: sativa, a classic hit. Strong, long lasting, blasting.
Flowering indoor: 10-11 weeks with yield up to 800 gr/sqm.
Flowering outdoor: harvest in mid October in the Northern hemisphere, in mid May in the Southern.
Yield up to 1500 gr/plant.

THC: 18% CBD: 1.08% CBN: 1.95%

Strain: Super Silver Haze
Breeder: Green House
Type: sativa
Flowering: ~74 days
Normal or female seeds.

I'm not sure these will help but you should be able to compare growth. One is a sativa and the other an Indica, However, They both seem to have purple's in their pics. and have more leaf's resembling the sativa plant. look through the pictures and make comparisons. You may just have to wait for the smoke test. I would think the seed bank would be able to tell you, especially if you send them some pics.
Go to : SeedFinder.eu :: Marijuana Strain Database | Search | Research
and do some research on both strains. There is a video link on the SSH. One has a sweet citrus smell and the other a more sour aroma.

Sorry I couldn't help more and hopefully this will be a start for you.

Probably the dt/nl by the look of the mother, I was just going to gauge off the flowering time ( how long it takes), of the mother and first clone , although they had been stressed a few times here and there through their veg so I don't know that it would be a good indicator. Ill go over the info later and see if I can make a better guess

Does anybody know if I've posted this in the right category, just want to make sure some of the more experienced guys see these pics would like to know what everyone thinks. I will be posting updates, 2 almost 3 weeks into flowering now for the mother (shes too badly stunted)and clone, will post pics later tonight.

I saw a bud growing on the stem of a leaf at the point where the fingers meet. That was weird. I believe it was a clone. Don't know the name. or if the guys growing it even pay attention to the name n e more. they are cloning fools. 100's of 'em. :high-five:

One of my mutant branches are going to flower, right before the fingers, but I find as soon as the branch takes hold and starts to really grow a few nodes, the leaf past the branch dies off just at the base of the fingers

Cool Plant. Very interesting. Ive seen a little bud once form were the fingers of the leaves meet but have no picture to back it up. I'm glad you posted it. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom