Has anyone seen anything like this before?

StimpLedNoTill

Hey guys, my plants are 2 months old and they just started getting these really dark spots all over and the ones that are fully covered in it are crispy, I have looked under the leaves and can see the damage through the leaf but doesn't look like any damage is coming from below. Has anybody seen something like this before? Does it look like a fungus/disease? There are 100% no bugs on any of my plants. I'm not trying to figure out what caused it but rather what exactly it is.. I can't find a single picture that resembles this. I'm thinking my best bet is to cut off all the leaves that have it, very unfortunate as I planned on flipping to flower within the next couple days. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.
20190629_122443.jpg
20190629_122439.jpg
20190629_122432.jpg
20190629_114738.jpg
20190629_114732.jpg
20190629_114727.jpg

I'd like to help,but I just don't have the knowledge about nute problems...
Maybe @Emilya or @Pennywise could take a peek....

What are you growing in? Soil? Coco? Other?

Agree it looks to be a PH problem. Wondering what medium and if he is using the proper range.

Hey guys, thank you all very much for your replies. I am growing in living soil and my soil mix is: Canadian sphagnum peat, pumice as well as rice hulls for aeration, fish compost along with aged leaf compost and worm castings, amends are kelp meal, crab meal, gypsum, fish bone meal, alfalfa meal, Wollastonite, Zeolite and soft rock phosphate. That being said, I haven't fed any nutes as the soil should have everything it needs and was fine up until a few days ago. I do have some organic stuff on hand like fish hydrolysate(2-3-0), insect frass(3-1-3),humic acid(0-0-5), kelp meal and malted barley. In living soil it is said that the ph gets buffered and also that testing the ph runoff will show inconsistent numbers. The only thing I have done recently is on Monday watered heavily but it hadn't been watered in about a week before that because I'm using 15 gallon pots and the pots hold moisture very well. My one plant seems it is getting covered by that decay and the other 3 have slight signs of it. My understanding on deficiencies is that it is either mobile or immobile nutes and would either start from the bottom of the pant or the top and work its way based on which, the problem is that whatever this is it is starting from wherever it wants. There is no starting from the bottom moving up etc.

It needs phosphorus if your in soil.

Penny is correct. Notice Penny also asked what your PH is. I'm guessing they asked because if your PH is wrong, and you are giving it what it needs, it won't uptake things, like phosphorous. Check PH first, if its wrong, fix it. If it is correct, add Phosphorous.

LOL, I clicked on @Pennywise link in their signature, "PLANT ABUSE CHART". Go check out the Phosphorous picture. Look familiar?

That’s classic phosphorus deficiency. Check your ph first always you want it above 6.0. If ph is good feed it some bloom formula.
The pH is likely too acidic, below 6.5

ok, hang on... an organic grower here. I understand that you do not wish to throw in nutes because everything is in there, and that you dont need to adjust your pH...
So, why the very clear and obvious phosphorus deficiency?
My suspicion is that this soil mix was not cooked for at least a month before use... more if possible. Just the mix of raw nutes is not going to make those nutes available to the plants, such as a supersoil could.
So what is missing? You appear to be missing the microlife necessary to make this grow work. You have everything that microlife needs to be able to feed your plants, but it is they who need to do this dirty job... not the soil stuffed full of raw materials in the wrong form.
You are severely in need of an actively aerated compost tea so as to add millions of microbes to your soil. You can cheat short term with one well known product, Fox Farms Big Bloom, which is full of active microorganisms along with some food to keep them alive. This is a totally natural and organic product and it will not hurt your organic grow.
Also, there are now microbial tea products that you can buy, and even freeze dried microbial superpacks. I highly recommend Voodoo Juice, URB or RealGrower's Recharge as soon as possible so as to get the feeding cycle going on these plants. You were fine for a while on the available nitrogen that was in your soil and what could be leached out of your amendments, but now the feeding needs have become too great... you need the microtribe to step in to do the heavy lifting.

ok, hang on... an organic grower here. I understand that you do not wish to throw in nutes because everything is in there, and that you dont need to adjust your pH...
So, why the very clear and obvious phosphorus deficiency?
My suspicion is that this soil mix was not cooked for at least a month before use... more if possible. Just the mix of raw nutes is not going to make those nutes available to the plants, such as a supersoil could.
So what is missing? You appear to be missing the microlife necessary to make this grow work. You have everything that microlife needs to be able to feed your plants, but it is they who need to do this dirty job... not the soil stuffed full of raw materials in the wrong form.
You are severely in need of an actively aerated compost tea so as to add millions of microbes to your soil. You can cheat short term with one well known product, Fox Farms Big Bloom, which is full of active microorganisms along with some food to keep them alive. This is a totally natural and organic product and it will not hurt your organic grow.
Also, there are now microbial tea products that you can buy, and even freeze dried microbial superpacks. I highly recommend Voodoo Juice, URB or RealGrower's Recharge as soon as possible so as to get the feeding cycle going on these plants. You were fine for a while on the available nitrogen that was in your soil and what could be leached out of your amendments, but now the feeding needs have become too great... you need the microtribe to step in to do the heavy lifting.

This is what I came to conclude as well. When I watered last Monday for the first time I got heavy run off, I'm wondering if I flushed out my microbes. There is no doubt in my mind that I had lots of microbes prior to that, I've fed multiple properly aerated compost teas as well as a couple top dresses. I've also added em-1. I'm going to start brewing a tea for late tomorrow and see.

This is what I came to conclude as well. When I watered last Monday for the first time I got heavy run off, I'm wondering if I flushed out my microbes. There is no doubt in my mind that I had lots of microbes prior to that, I've fed multiple properly aerated compost teas as well as a couple top dresses. I've also added em-1. I'm going to start brewing a tea for late tomorrow and see.
sounds like you are on the right track, but why would you ever water an organic grow to heavy runoff??

Back
Top Bottom