Bloom Mode for Autoflowers?

Meriwether

I'm growing Dark Devil Autos from Herbie's, and as I was reading about another strain I came across this nugget of info:

"Northern Lights autoflowering feminized seeds pass directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, it completely skips the vegetative growth stage, in a process called autoflowering. In other words, when planted, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering. As a result, growing this strain goes fast!"

I use a Mars Hydro 96x3 Reflector LED grow light, and so far (20 days from seed) I've only used the "Vegetative" mode. If what Herbie's has to say about the NL strain applies to all autos, then I should turn on the "Bloom" lights as well, correct?

Following up on my own post for other folks who may have the same question, I've found the same explanation on other sites, nearly word for word in this case:

"Autoflowering cannabis plants altogether do away with a vegetative growth stage. Basically, you plant it, it sprouts, grows a set of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering. This generally starts after around 3 weeks, the males showing signs of flowering a few days before the females. As a result, 'autos' are the quickest, most compact, and most easily hidden marijuana plant available."

It seems logical that if there's no veg period with autos, there's no point to running lights in veg or "Grow" mode, and it'd be better to run full-spectrum (Grow + Bloom modes in my case) from the beginning. . .

i would run full spectrum all the way maybe stay on veg mode first week or two. With my to penny worth of thoughts ;) seems logical that and autostrain will do better with full spectrum all the way. i just built a small cfl stealth box for a friend and gave him autos. he had a 125w veg bulb then got a 200w bloom bulb. twenty minutes after installing the bloom he blew it up :) his auto flowers had to do with the veg lamp untill i hooked him up with a couple of 12w bloom leds (about 40 days in) as supplement ligthing, and that still was'nt optimal. and i must say those autos became some small puny fu**ers so my best bet on the subject. go full spectrum with auto's, my own autos grown at the same time (under fullspectrum 6band LED) turned out great. i think (not stating it as fact) actually the veg/bloom function is only to save a bit of watts/money in the plants babystage (imo untill about 3 sets of leaf) were they won't consume that much light anyway.

Back
Top Bottom