Cut-to-fit Carbon Filters

Does anyone have experience with using the generic cut-to-fit carbon filter pads to help eliminate odors? My room is not sealed, therefore I don't use ducting for exhausting the air, however I have a fan pushing air out through a vent. Was thinking of lining the inside of the vent with this type of material so the fan pushes the air through it. Any thoughts?

Get a stocking and put some charcoal in it. Then put it inside your vent. Look at my post in the growers lounge low budget way to get rid of weed orders. This what I do.

20150105_155202.jpg

Can your fan create enough suction or pressure to force air through the carbon mat? I only saw the intake fan in your journal. For carbon to work there needs to be some restriction.

We used to make our own filters with this stuff by rolling it up tight and inserting into round metal duct.

Possibly not. I went ahead and ordered it so I have time to play with different applications before flowering. It was only $5 so even if it doesn't work its no big deal. I saw in someone's journal they used some Odor Control that they put in a 5 gal bucket and attached a fan on the top to emit the "fresh linen" smell through holes drilled in te bucket. Anyone have any clue if there is a How To on this?

Back
Top Bottom