Carbon Filter Help

Tris420

Hey 420 Friends .. Im not sure if this is a Dumb question but ill go ahead anyway haha ....

So I got 3 Growboxes in 1 Room and it gets really hot Im already moving all used air to the next room but yea now that room is way to hot ...
In this second room i got a Air Conditioner with a Exit to the outside through the roof ... so Now im Thinking maybe i Can move the air outside through that hole ...
But First Problem is my Inline fan is like Max speed 530m3/h the distance from the Growbox room to the Airconditioner exit is about 12Meters ...

I Got the inline fan inside the room with the Growboxes and at the end outside of that room i got the carbon filter .. so the air gets blown through it .... Is the Inline fan Good enough to move that air over that distance ?

And Since i Cant fit a Carbon Filter inside the Growbox Room....

Are there Carbon filters with 2 openings ? So i can Have the Carbon filter outside of the room and the air blows through it before it leaves the house through the roof?

I hope you guys can understand Everything :) Thanks in Advance !!

If you put your exhaust outlet and the scrubber into a sealed container the air will have to move through the scrubber and out its outlet. You could basically get a big trash bag and put your exhaust duct going in, along with the carbon scrubber with a duct going off its outlet out if the bag, and then tape the bag shut around where the two ducts are coming out of the bag. That basically gives you one duct inputting air into the bag, while the duct attached to the scrubber has a booster fan pulling air out as an output. Since the scrubber is on that end, and the scrubber and exhaust outlet are sealed in the same air space, the air will get scrubbed out. You essentially just need to make an air tight space around your exhaust outlet and the scrubber and then you can actually have as many exhaust outlets going into the space with the scrubber as you need, so you could pull the air from two exhaust outlets in through the scrubber.

Does that make sense the way I described? The only thing with using a trash bag is I would worry about the vent ends getting sealed shut somehow, so if you might want to to build a box where the vents will be held in place structurally and the put a bad around that. In fact, I would ditch the bag and flex seal the inside of the box so it's air tight.

Oh and booster fans are the answer to the other question. You put them in between the main fan an any outlet/inlet to boost the air flow over distance. They're about 30 bucks a piece.

I would move your exhaust to the end if the chain, meaning it's right in the end of the duct before it goes outside. That way it's pulling air through the whole system. Making an air transfer like I mentioned, if the exhaust outlet blows in faster than the fan on your scrubber moves it out, that's going to create positive pressure which wil lead to backdrafts and the air wanting to leak out if the box. If you put the exhaust at the end though, it would be negarive pressure throughout meaning anyeaks in the ducting, air would be sucked into and no scent would get out.

If you put your exhaust outlet and the scrubber into a sealed container the air will have to move through the scrubber and out its outlet. You could basically get a big trash bag and put your exhaust duct going in, along with the carbon scrubber with a duct going off its outlet out if the bag, and then tape the bag shut around where the two ducts are coming out of the bag. That basically gives you one duct inputting air into the bag, while the duct attached to the scrubber has a booster fan pulling air out as an output. Since the scrubber is on that end, and the scrubber and exhaust outlet are sealed in the same air space, the air will get scrubbed out. You essentially just need to make an air tight space around your exhaust outlet and the scrubber and then you can actually have as many exhaust outlets going into the space with the scrubber as you need, so you could pull the air from two exhaust outlets in through the scrubber.

Does that make sense the way I described? The only thing with using a trash bag is I would worry about the vent ends getting sealed shut somehow, so if you might want to to build a box where the vents will be held in place structurally and the put a bad around that. In fact, I would ditch the bag and flex seal the inside of the box so it's air tight.

Oh and booster fans are the answer to the other question. You put them in between the main fan an any outlet/inlet to boost the air flow over distance. They're about 30 bucks a piece.

I would move your exhaust to the end if the chain, meaning it's right in the end of the duct before it goes outside. That way it's pulling air through the whole system. Making an air transfer like I mentioned, if the exhaust outlet blows in faster than the fan on your scrubber moves it out, that's going to create positive pressure which wil lead to backdrafts and the air wanting to leak out if the box. If you put the exhaust at the end though, it would be negarive pressure throughout meaning anyeaks in the ducting, air would be sucked into and no scent would get out.

Yes it Does make sense ! Thanks for this good Idea !! I guess i will have to build me another box haha :) Thanks again that really helped alot !!

Back
Top Bottom