Lights question

I decided to try to grow my marihuana with this kind of sistem - https://www.grow-weed-easy.com/marijuana-space-buckets (type link without minuses in grow-weed-easy)

My "space bucked" will be around 75-100 cm tall. How strong led lights do i need to use and how much of them ? How much does they cost and how much money will lighting my plant with them cost for a month ?

Thanks !

Though the site name in your post was removed automatically by the forum, I saw the "space bucket" awhile ago. Basically, if you decide to use LEDs, you need to decide on what kind of yield you want. You probably want to use 40-50 W per square foot, and a 12" diameter bucket would need about a 40W LED. You can check out costs from sponsors here or eBay, etc... Cost depends on your power rate.

Well your lighting only has to do with the square footage, not the height. So for a ~30cm diameter bucket, you would need one 40W LED. The issue with using an LED for a bucket grow is the LED needs to be a certain distance from the plant, so this may limit your plant height a lot. You'll have to research LEDs though to find those specs. I'd recommend using CFLs in this bucket grow though, as it'll be cheaper.

But if i put a mylar foil on inside of my space bucket isnt it the same where lights are ?

If i will grow on CFL lights one CFL of 40W would be same as one LED of 40W ?

Back
Top Bottom