Question

santiguy1364

Hey guys I've got a concern about my plant. i switched it over to flowering 2 weeks ago because i started sprouting my new higher quality seeds. So i switched it over about a week ago and I woke up today and it looked like this does anyone know if I should be worried or can tell me what to do to get her feeling and looking healthy again?
20150705_140807.jpg
20150705_140811_1_.jpg

What specifically (in your opinion) is troubling you? There's not a lot of info being communicated with those pics save for a possible mild deficiency or something, but it's too difficult to see. Help us to help you.

Hello Santiguy, could you please gives more information about your set up, soil mix and nutrients? Did this happen overnight?

I'm just using a regular bag of soil from home depot, its a 12,5,5. I use the miracle grow plant food but that hasn't ever given me problems.

What has m,e concerned is the leaves began curling up with a touch of brown at the tips and the branches started to droop a bit. I will take new pictures when I get home from work.

I'm just using a regular bag of soil from home depot, its a 12,5,5. I use the miracle grow plant food but that hasn't ever given me problems.

What has m,e concerned is the leaves began curling up with a touch of brown at the tips and the branches started to droop a bit. I will take new pictures when I get home from work.

I think the stretch and the leaf curl could be caused by the miracle grow. MG plant food is generally very high in nitrogen and so is your soil. You should be decreasing the amount of nitrogen in bloom, or else your plants will stretch like a giraffe. MG plant food is known to burn cannabis plants, esp in bloom. That being said, I know that some members here have tried growing with it and have had mild success. Maybe one of them will chime in on this thread.

I too am using that HD soil., MG Moisture Control Potting Mix. My plants all originated in rockwool, but due to losing use of my bloom space, I wanted to greatly stunt their growth while I look into other spaces to bloom these girls out. They were all clones, and they are big and bushy. They have preflowers everywhere, but unfortunately I am only concerned with preserving the genetics for future use, so they will likely get wasted once clones are rooted from each. At any rate, I am also seeing the yellowing and rusting of leaves, but because of their late stage of maturity, I'm interpreting the deficiencies as a Phosphorus def. I am now feeding them roughly 150 ppm General Hydro 3 part at equal measures and will give them this once every 2-3 waterings. The other times they get RO water only or a beneficial bacteria tea once every 10 or so days.

To recap, I am treating for a P def, but have not ruled out N def either and will be watchful. I think we're in the same soil, and my plants are a little further along than yours so I can be your test dummy and ironically can afford the loss if things go south. I'll keep this thread abreast of my findings or failures.

20150706_170405.jpg
20150706_170357.jpg
20150706_170354.jpg
Just got home but this is what she looked like before I left for work. If it's just the plant food then I can just remove the top layer or 2 of the soil since it was added after the roots spread. I will try that and flush it a bit and see how it goes

Do not disturb the soil. Just water it with plain water and let the MG dilute and process out of the soil over time. Are you located anywhere near a hydroponics store or a nursery/garden center? It would be helpful to know if you have readily available access to specialized products, or would you need to order some stuff off the web?

Nope, I'm kinda bare bones in it right now. Just 2 120 way lights a bag og soil some seeds, the plant food and water. I can't afford to get much else except maybe one thing at a time.

On a higher note the 3 new seeds I planted when I saw this happening to my plant are doing amazing in my makeshift incubation tank.

Back
Top Bottom